Sign in to follow this  
BigDaddyJinx

Sql Error 1030

*sigh* Well, it seems I've finally fixed my mysterious domain parking issue, and now I have a new one.

I am using PHPBB2 for a web forum, and I have it all set up nice and smooth. It's been working just great. Then, all of a sudden, I get this weird error when trying to make changes in the Admin panel:

"Couldn't obtain forum list

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1030 Got error 28 from table handler

SELECT f.* FROM phpbb_forums f, phpbb_categories c WHERE c.cat_id = f.cat_id ORDER BY c.cat_order ASC, f.forum_order ASC

Line : 169

File : /home/username/public_html/phpbb/admin/admin_forumauth.php"

What in the green gravy is THAT supposed to mean to a noob like me? Sheesh. I couldn't find any relevant articles anywhere, other than ones that point to a TEMP directory overfill (if that were the case I wouldn't know where to delete it anyways). I thought I'd throw it out here and see if I'm suffering alone. Any tips? Much thx in advance.

Have you tried to repair the database?

I couldn't find any relevant articles anywhere, other than ones that point to a TEMP directory overfill (if that were the case I wouldn't know where to delete it anyways).

You may want to open a help desk ticket and have them have a look at it.

Edited by TCH-Rob

Hmm...you must be my personal "go to guy" TCH-Rob :lol: LOL

Here's the thing. I monkeyed around in the cPanel and created an SQL database when I first started but not knowing jack about SQL, I left it alone. A couple days later I used the automated BB tool to create my phpbb forum. Been working ever since. I still have that original database that was created, is that where I would go? Or is there somewhere else I would need to look at? myPHPAdmin perhaps? I like things that say "Repair". Makes me feel all good about myself for tinkering with things that I don't understand he he Naughty

I'll keep popping back to see what's what before I make this any worse. Lord knows I don't have enough hair left to start pullin' out anymore.

I am beginning to doubt a repair will make a difference. Instead of trying to repair the tables listed go ahead and open a ticket. Reference this post if necessary and let me know what they say.