Sign in to follow this  
Head Guru

Bass Fishing?

Any serious Bass Fishing people on these boards?

I am thinking about getting back into the touring bass pro circuit after a 5 year absence. Although my time would not allow full time back into the sport, I am considering doing some Tournaments here and there.

Bill

I can catch Sunfish........does that count? :) ;)

Bill, growing up and living in south Louisiana I've bass fished for as long as I can remember. Am I a serious bass fisherman? Well I have fished in local Tournaments

since the early 70's tho not much in the last 4 or 5 years. I love to fish both fresh and salt water. I only have 4 tackle boxes and 6 or 7 fresh water rod and reels and I enjoy watching whats going on around me as much as the fishing so I guess I'm just an avid bass fisherman.

If you decide to get back into the pro circuit Good Luck.

Never could bass fish properly but I did go cat fishing alot with my father when we lived in Texas and Louisana. Brought in a 40 pounder fishing the Brazos when I was 13. I need to find the picture, tail on the ground it came about my shoulders.

Grew up commercial fishing. I do more flyfishing than anything else. But unfortunately that hasn't been happening all that regularly the last two years. But I've finished all my coursework for my MA, and 'only' have my thesis left to write. I think I will be justifying a few fishing days to take a well-deserved 'break' and clear the mind.

Nah, we don't have any puny bass here in the Keys. They're all like this one: http://grandslamkw.com/images/RecentCatche...ILFI~1_png.html

Have fun! It's a seriously different game than saltwater... just don't leave us alone with Rob for too long at a time! You know how he gets! ;)

Any TCH client that is up in Michigan and want to go out Bass Fishing, just drop me a line. I have a open seat on my Bass Boat any time, any day and on any lake.

Bill

I like bass fishing, never fished in a tourney though.

I lived with my uncle on lake belton a while when I was younger, and we fished EVERY day after work. Then I lived with another uncle in keller (outside Ft, worth) and we carried fishing gear on the truck with us and would stop anywhere that looked like there might be fish there.