Sign in to follow this  
mr_lucas

Php In Dreanweaver

Ok I am planning to learn how to work in dream weaver and know it like the back of my hands now what would like to know is it hard to learn PHP

I am at an Intermediate Level of knowledge of for

Visual Basic, JavaScript, html, (CSS a little below Intermediate. -- PHP I have no idea)

1. Does DW write the code for it or do I have to do it in code view?

2. Do you think I have the knowledge for it or should I learn more of what I know before I take it on

woooot WOW if i take it on i have to learn DW ,more of CSS, mySQL " I only know accessand not that much" and PHP Cool Thumbs Up

Hi Lucas

1. I think DW does but I haven't got it to work right for me something I'm not doing right

2. Start now thats what I am doing now even if DW does do it understanding it will help http://www.freewebmasterhelp.com/tutorials/phpmysql there are many tutorials but that is the one that is helping me the most.

Mike

i just came from there

I must have been through 50 to 75 tutorials over the last month all bits and peices check them all out. A thread on webproworld that I started last month got an excellent response check it out http://www.webproworld.com/viewtopic.php?t=18837 lots of different directions to go. Learn php from the ground up.

Mike

Personally, I think the best way to learn is to get a great reference book, then pick a project you want to accomplish, and either weed through someone else's code line by line and try to understand how they did it... or work your way through the project line by line.

But having that book is a HUGE advantage.

I recommend PHP 4 Bible.

Despite the fact that PHP 5 is just around the corner, the basics of the language won't change. It appears that most of the changes in version 5 are to make the language even more object oriented.

You might also try the mini php turtorials from Total Choice hosting.

php mini tutorial by Jim Uni

and php mini part one tutorial by TCH-Jack

as a way to see what it can do for you.

And I agree with Jack,

there is no substitute for a book,

as it will take you from explaining what it is, and show the basics and then more advanced.

It will help to understand enough to be able to read someone else's code or tutorials.

And it is handy to have as a reference.

I believe DWMX does try to write some php in some instances, however, I don't think it does a very good job. The limited php I use, I insert myself. Don't know how the php support is in DWMX 2004, though.

You might also try the mini php turtorials from Total Choice hosting.

php mini tutorial by Jim Uni

and php mini part one tutorial by TCH-Jack

as a way to see what it can do for you.

And I agree with Jack,

there is no substitute for a book,

as it will take you from explaining what it is, and show the basics and then more advanced.

It will help to understand enough to be able to read someone else's code or tutorials.

And it is handy to have as a reference.

I just took a look at both of the tutorials -- both are very good, and easy to understand.

Dreamwaver is a joke with the PHP...

The best way to learn it is to open up notepad and place a reference book by you and go to work

this was the only way I could learn it

The best way to learn it is to open up notepad and place a reference book by you and go to work

this was the only way I could learn it

I want to get a reference book titled "PHP 4 Bible" but I went to Amazon.com & BN.com and they were sold out. I'll have to wait until they get more in stock :rolleyes:.