Melted, Bubbly, Gooey, And Runny

DarqFlare

Myself.

Midnight two nights ago, the air conditioning in my house died. I didn't know about it until midday yesterday, because I was out and about helping my fiancee with transportation (Her van died while driving, much like my car did a few weeks back... Ended up costing nearly as much as my car did!). Well...

This sucks. Let me outline a few things here:

1) I live in Las Vegas.

2) It is currently 102 degrees fahrenheit outside.

3) The coldest part of my house is the den, at 89 degrees fahrenheit.

4) My room is always the most extreme temperature of the house (Hottest, coldest, etc). It is currently 98 degrees fahrenheit.

And yet I'm still sitting here in front of my computer, which is running a standard internal temperature of 109 degrees fahrenheit. Thank god for my 10 fans...

I'm about to bubble down onto my carpet and congeal. It's so friggin' hot...

Oh my! That's one place I definitely don't want to move to. I'd never survive heat like that. I'm definitely NOT a hot weather person. I turned my A/C on today because it got up to 75 degrees outside and it was too hot. ;)

My family always teases me about preferring to live in a refrigerator.

Well, Robert... you're preaching to the choir here. It hit 111 today in Phoenix and we haven't turned on our air conditiioners yet. We run evaporative coolers untill the dew point hits 55 degrees and they are no longer effective (usually July and August when the monsoons hit). It is a lot cheaper than air conditioning and healthier too. For those unfamiliar with "swamp coolers," they cool the air by wetting it and then blow the cooled air into the house. Of course, if the air is already wet (as in high humidity) they do absolutely nothing!

You should check them out, Robert. They're pretty popular here... I don't know about Vegas. And another suggestion: move your computer to the den, Silly!!!

Don't melt... we need you!

I had a swamp cooler when I lived in New Mexico, 6 years ago. I'm not entirely sure why they aren't used here... It's rarely humid. There is a reason, though I have no idea what it is.

I could move my computer to the den, but that would take a long time. :)

Don't get me wrong, I love the heat.. But sitting in it is brutal!

1) I live in Las Vegas.

2) It is currently 102 degrees fahrenheit outside.

But it's a dry heat. (Yeah, right!)

We have a natural swamp cooler here. Being a 2 mile by 4 mile island we are totally surrounded by water. The best thing is that this water is brought to us by the Gulf stream which comes from way south of here. What's good about that? When it's hot here it's cold there and vice versa. That hot/cool water keeps us nicely between 42 and 98 as the temp extremes.

It is pretty miserable in the summer when the sun is beating down and it's 86% humidity and there is no wind though.

It has only been between 70 and 75 this week, getting down in the 50's at night and I love it!!! I wish it would stay this way all summer. :dance:

If I can cool the house off at night, I'll keep the air off during the day, but if it only falls down into the low to mid 60s at night, that a/c is gonna be running! I, too, prefer to live in a fridge. :lol:

The ONLY time I want to deal with hot weather is if I'm at a resort with a pool and a beach, with several bars to get cool drinks from. :dance:

Been about 72-75 F here these past several days. Overcast and cloudy in the morning but sunny in the afternoon. Friggin' chilly at night. Went out with my husband for coffee last night (he had a hard day at work -- poor baby). I had jeans and a t-shirt on, but froze in the coffee shop even though I had a hot drink. Thank goodness my very old circa 1998 laptop computer heats up pretty good. At least the tops of my legs got very warm while it was sitting on them! :blink: (Yes, I take my laptop with me when I go to coffee. But based on the Geek test posted in the Fun and Games forum, I'm a geek, so it's to be expected!)

To congeal is to solidify or freeze; I think you mean evaporate.

To congeal is to solidify or freeze; I think you mean evaporate.

Well, at the time, my carpet was cooler than my room... I did mean to coagulate into a more solid substance.

We were 110 weenie. :P

But I do use AC, cant have the little ones in that kind of heat.

Thank goodness we have the AC, Rob. I don't know what I would do without it in this type of heat. But since I've been in AZ for almost 5 years, you kinda get used to it. :rolleyes:

Thank goodness we have the AC, Rob. I don't know what I would do without it in this type of heat. But since I've been in AZ for almost 5 years, you kinda get used to it. :rolleyes:

I ave been here since 87 and I swear it is getting worse. Must be me getting older and fatter.

Thank goodness we have the AC, Rob.  I don't know what I would do without it in this type of heat.  But since I've been in AZ for almost 5 years, you kinda get used to it.  :rolleyes:

I ave been here since 87 and I swear it is getting worse.

It sure seems like it. When it's so hot, all you wanna do his stay inside. :P

In another thread a couple days ago I posted how wonderful the weather was. Short lived it was. Always is.

It's now 94f with 90% humidity and some of the worst air you can imagine. Every bit as bad as L.A. or New York.

You wouldn't think CT could get so bad but it does. And you'd be suprised at how many people do not have air conditioners - myself included.

My poor pc is so hot..lol. I best see if I can find another fan. :huh: