Mozilla

natimage

With the storms in my area last night...my computer did not get shut down properly. I think my surge protector may have helped protect it, but something weird did happen.

Poor little puter had a hard time starting up this morning. Once it did start up, I went into Mozilla to check email...but all email account settings were gone. Now...the default directory where these accounts were created still shows them. So, I know I didn't lose the email, I just need to make Mozilla SEE this email. Which I think I can do.

However, all my Mozilla Bookmarks have disappeared as well. I'm wondering if there is a default folder, like for the email, where all the bookmark info is stored. I looked in Mozilla help...no luck. I will check Mozilla's site, but if anyone here has any suggestions, that would be great!! Thanks!

Not knowing Mozilla I am not sure. BUT, my suggestion would be to try and reboot. You said you had difficulty booting and thats my 1st suspect at this point, a possible disk corruption could have occurred. If that doesn't help try a scandisk or something similar.

Once it did start up, I went into Mozilla to check email...but all email account settings were gone. Now...the default directory where these accounts were created still shows them.

That has happened twice to me (when it still was only netscape), all i had to do was to reinstall netscape and it turned out ok.

Hope that is all you need to do (if not done :dance: ) :blink:

Cute avatar, Thomas. I did do a re-install of Mozilla, but that didn't help. I got the email problem fixed...but I can't get the bookmarks thing fixed. I will do another re-boot to see if that helps. Otherwise, since I don't have a bookmarks back-up, they're probably lost!!! The history is still there...I'll be able to salvage some of them.

Learning the hard way, huh??? :D

Well, it's confirmed...Bookmarks have been lost. I guess if that's the only thing I lost last night in that storm, I'll consider myself lucky!!

To fix the email, all I had to do was re-build all the accounts in Mozilla, then point them to the previous folders that have all my email!!

I think I'll be spending part of my day doing PC backup!!! :D

Thanks for the help, guys!

That happened to me a while back, lost all bookm arks in mozilla. I also couldnt add bookmarks to my toolbar. Reinstall didnt fix it so I switched to firefox.

I did some lookng on the mozilla forums, several ppl with the same problem, but not one person that knew how to fix it.