Oscommerce Install

Hi,

I'm having a problem when I installing oscommerce, I keep getting the following error:

1044: Access denied for user: 'xhiyldom_tolrodc@localhost' to database 'osCommerce'

Does anyone have an idea of what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

Hi,

It sounds like you've just given it wrong username and password for the database.

I'm guessing the following from what you've posted:

Your tch username is "xhiyldom"

You've set up the database "oscommerce"

And you've added a user to the dayabase called "tolrodc"

More than likely, your full database name is actually "xhiyldom_oscommerce"

Hope that helps :blink:

• 8 months later...

Hi,

I am having a similar problem with deined access to the database when installing oscommerce. I have carefully checked the username and password and dbase name (even deleted and re-set-up mysql dbase and user twice to no avail).

The message I get is: Access denied for user: 'storeoz_store@server91.totalchoicehosting.com' (Using password: YES)

Any help would be appreciated,

thanks, Tom --

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys thanks for your quick feedback.

I didn't really expect it so I didn't check back till now :ph34r:

I'm trying to get the store up and running today so here's where I am still at:

The info I'm using is:

host: store.ozline.com

user: storeoz_store

dbase: storeoz_storedb

and I still get this message: Access denied for user: 'storeoz_store@server91.totalchoicehosting.com' (Using password: YES)

I'll plug away at it today if anyone's online.

Thanks again. It's nice to be supported!

Tom --

Hi Tom,

Are you installing OSC from cpanel? I haven't done that before (I have only installed it manually) so I am unsure if the one-click install automatically creates the db for you... If you created the db, make sure you have added the user to the database.

Also, for host, try using localhost.

Hi Tom,

Are you installing OSC from cpanel?

I'm using the oscommmerce Web-based install.

I created the dbase in cpanel's mySQL interface and added the dbase user. It looks like oscommerce adds the host itself.

Any thing else?

Thanks,

Tom --

I created the dbase in cpanel's mySQL interface and added the dbase user.  It looks like oscommerce adds the host itself.

Not to harp on this issue...but just to clarify, you created a database, and a database user, and then you added the user to the database? Many of people miss that last step.

Double check your database password. The only reason I mention this is because not too long ago I was setting up a zen-cart and chose a long password for my database. And I was having difficulty getting the cart to connect. I changed the password to something shorter and it worked. I am not sure if PhpMyAdmin has a limit on number of characters and truncated my long password... I didn't have time to investigate so I went with the shorter password. (maybe a staff member can confirm?)

If none of that works, PM me if you would like me to take a look at your config file.

Hi Tom,

From what I can tell, you are installing OSC manually. Have you tried the one-click install in Cpanel for OSCommerce? I just tried it and it's pretty slick. You just tell it the name of the folder you want the store in, and the login and password you'd like for the admin section and it takes care of everything else... creates the database, user...everything.

Looks like the only thing you might need to do is to modify the configure.php file to add SSL support (if you need that)

Anyway...if I was going with OSC, that is what I would use....MUCH easier than doing it by hand!

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone I'm new here. It looked like you guys were friendly and knowledgable about OScommerce so I wanted to see if I could get some help.

When i go to my site i get this error

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'kablisk_osc1@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /home/kablisk0/public_html/store/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

site is www.kabliskkeep.com/store/

Oscommerece worked and then one day it was broken its been like that for a bit. the server changed usernames for the admin login. someone told me my old one wont work and i cant add it for some reason. any idea why the error is coming up?

I'm fine with scrapping the whole thing (even though i had a lot listed on there) and re-installing osCommerce but i dont know how. I can do it with FTP? I use Cpanel is that easier?

thanks

TCH-Thomas made the link inactive.

Welcome to the forum, karlkablisk. :)

Be sure that in MySql you

1 - created the database

2 - created a user

3 -added the user to the database (go back to MySql and find the Add user select the user and database, and then [bold]Add user to database[/bold])

Then to connect to the database in a script, use:

host: localhost

database: yourCpanelName_databaseName

user: yourCpanelName_databaseUser

password: mypassword

Note: password is just as the password, do not add the CpanelName to it.

If this doesn´t work, we can go from there. :)

thanks, i went into cpane and mysql and did the add database and add ueser thing but nothing worked. :/

If I gave you my login maybe you could see more clearly whats going on, my site is pretty much dead as it is wihtout me being able to access the database. Let me know if you dont mind helping me out with a PM and I'll give the info.

I got this new error when trying to reinstall os commerce

----

Upgrade

A test connection made to the database was NOT successful.

The error message returned is:

Host 's1.bandhoster.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server

Please click on the Back button below to review your database server settings.

If you require help with your database server settings, please consult your hosting company.

------

another error i see is this

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'userName0@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /home/userName0/public_html/core/database-mysql.php on line 50

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/userName0/public_html/core/database-mysql.php on line 52

------

see my login used to be "userName" but something happened and now its userName0 and im told i cant make userName again. :/ If i could just make "userName" again everything that was set to recognize that name would still get it, if not then everything needs to see the new username.

Let me know what you think.

thanks a lot guys

- KKL

Welcome to the forum, karlkablisk. :)

Be sure that in MySql you

1 - created the database

2 - created a user

3 -added the user to the database (go back to MySql and find the Add user select the user and database, and then [bold]Add user to database[/bold])

Then to connect to the database in a script, use:

host: localhost

database: yourCpanelName_databaseName

user: yourCpanelName_databaseUser

password: mypassword

Note: password is just as the password, do not add the CpanelName to it.

If this doesn´t work, we can go from there. :)

edit: not a good idea to post your cpanel username in the forum -th

can anyone give me an idea of how to make a "database.sql file" without using cpanel? For some reason when I use cpanel it says it made a new login (Im assuming thats what the database.sql file is, if it isnt someone please tell me what and how to make one i know i need that at least) but nothing is added.

:/

thanks all

- KKL