Error 206 Partial Content

karlfranz

A web server error message. Error code 206 (Partial Content) means that only part of the file was transferred. This error is generated when a user clicks the stop button on their browser while downloading a page, or aborts a file download while it is still downloading. This can also be caused by download accelerator programs that download large files in chunks

From http://www.e-consultancy.com/knowledge/glossary/6/206-partial-content.html

I clicked your link in your profile and it seems like your site is in chinese (correct?).

So i assume all this can be that a visitor enters your site, see it is in a language its browser do not understand and leaves before site is fully loaded.

Above is just a guess though.

The log file is named after your domain. If it's a something.com domain name then it looks like a MS-DOS file but it's not. Just rename it to .TXT and it will open in any text editing program, such as notepad.

Also remember what Thomas said, it's not really a "something went wrong" error. It's just saying "You asked for the last half of the file and you got it." This is indeed what the download helpers do and it may well be a 40MB download that someone dropped off half way through and then resumed.

Open the archive, save the file to your computer's hard drive and rename it with a .TXT extension. If you use Windows open Windows Explorer, go to the folder you save the file in, right click on it select rename. Change the .com to .txt and hit enter. You will get a warning message asking if you are sure you want to change the extension. Answer "Yes".

It shows as a MSDOS file for me, I dont even rename it. I right-click and select open with and then my text editor. You could right-click and rename to log.txt instead if needed but if on a Win machine you may want to try the open with method. WarHammer fan?

You should see something like this for each line;

152.163.242.211 - - [31/May/2004:13:02:28 -0400]"GET /shop/images/cold/4111427.jpg HTTP/1.1" 200 1785 "http://www.******/shop/index.php/cPath/33_42" "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X; en-US; rv:1.0.2) Gecko/20020924 AOL/7.0"

Te part in BOLD above is the code, in my case a 200, do a find for 206.

Edited by TCH-Rob