Special Characters In Html Title ** Question **

weiser

Hello all

I have just moved my site from a Brazilian Hosting Provider to TCH. The same site that was working in Brazil, is not working in TCH.

I have realized that the pages that do not work have special characters (like ç, á, é, ê, ó, ã...and so on, the same used in spanish) in the title. By the way, the site is www.lsselection.com.br

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to make them work in TCH?

Thanks in advance for you help.

Sergio

:( Welcome to the family Sergio :dance:

Thats a CuteSite ;)

The characters in the title should not be a problem.

The site is working fine for me,

how long age did you point the domain namre to TCH?

Not sure if I am seeing the site here or your old site.

The site is working fine for me,

how long age did you point the domain namre to TCH?

Not sure if I am seeing the site here or your old site.

I'm in the same boat as Don on this one. The site comes up just fine for me. Here's a screenshot...

The problem he is having is with some of the pages that use special characters in the filesnames. Click on Decoração e Presentes, for example. It works fine for me in Mozilla and Firefox but does give 404 errors using IE and Opera.

The easiest solution would be to change the filenames to not use accented characters. You should be able to do a search and replace in the code to change the references and then republish the site. I will continue to look and see if I find anything else about it.

I have weiser on chat now but thought I would post as well. There is an option in the Advanced tab under Tools/Internet Options that says Always send URLs as UTF-8. If you uncheck that it will send the urls just as they are written and not try and convert the special characters and the page works fine.

There we go!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the tip!

I'll work on it right now!

And you are all very welcome to visit the store once you come to Sao Paulo, Brazil. Anyway, I shall generate an english version.

Thanks again

Sergio