Setting Up Cron Jobs

Hello all-

Was wondering if anyone could help me set up the code in CPanel for a cron job.

I want to run a PHP script every Sunday at 4 am. I have no clue how to set this up. Thanks!!!

Sarah

Now, how about a mySQL database backup each day??? at , say 4 am also??

I know you can manually backup the mySQL database from CPanel, but how do you put it into cron jobs?

Maybe this is answered in another thread?

OK, this is a bit tangential to the topic at hand, but ...

What exactly is a cronjob?

I'm sure its some sort of automated tasking procedure, but what'd I'd like to know is what they are typically used for. I'm sure there's stuff I do manually that could be handled via cronjob.

The definition for cron: The cron command is the clock daemon that executes commands at specified dates and times.

Allows execution of commands without user intervention. Similar to the task manager in Windows.

Edited by TCH-Bruce

This has been asked a thousand times but i dont get it when reading those posts.

I have understood (i think) that it would it be possible to set up a cron job to have server do a backup of my site.

Lets say my username for server is newbie and i want the backup at 4am servertime, how do i do it?

I see Bruce´s picture-example above, but can someone please tell me exactly (kindergarden-level) how i make this php script and what to type in to the command line?

Please please please wonderful people :ph34r: