Big Problem With Perl Script Limit!

:) We are converting our site to 100% merchant data feeds with auto updates if we can get the cron function to work, which we have had problems with so far... Perl script works fine on merchant data feeds up to 22 megs... Anything larger shuts down the script... Is there a limit to the size of a perl output file on the server? Overstock.com has broken their CSV feed (comma separated values) into sections, but the music section alone is 50 meg ... I hate to think what will happen with the Walmart data feed... Is there a way or a work around to let the perl script decode and display data feed information without shuting it down at 22 meg?

Yo! Where are the 24/7 TCH folks.. We're burning the mid-night oil trying to fix this problem.. It's 2:45 AM eastern time here and we're getting tired and frustrated... We would appreciate a little help... Anybody awake out there...?

Gee thanks Lisa...

No help, No answers, Shuffed to the back of the bus...

Didn't mean to upset the powers that be...

Too straight to the point...?

Why didn't you leave this question where it was?

We might have gotten some answers...

Didn't mean to ask honest questions of you...

I thought this was an open help forum... Guess Not!

But... I will say... You're very good at damage control LOL...

shop;

I'm a moderator here - I simply moved your message to where it would get the best exposure so that you could get help more quickly.

It is not necessary to be rude; like I said, I am sorry that I can not help. I am doing what I can to get you an answer to your question - and part of that is moving this post to the proper forum for that purpose.

OK Lisa...

I'll buy that for the moment... but...

"Backend Services" has not had a great record for solving problems...

It seems to be more like the place that questions go to die...

I didn't mean to be rude... just straight to the point..

We need a solution to a problem... We're tired and overworked...

and we're ready to go to bed... All we want is an answer...

If you can't help us... Please don't hurt us...

Lisa did what shes had to do to keep the forums organized.

If we leave topics out of place, the forums willl become a mess.

Besides, Lisa left the "moved" link in the previous forum, so instead of having your topic in just one forum, you may consider that you have it in two forums, which means the chances for you to get an answer were doubled :)

As for your problem, that's a technical question to which only the techs can answer. Considering that it's sunday and the time you posted your question at, demanding an answer in little over an hour (first post at 06:36 AM, second post at 07:47 AM - GMT times) is bit too much, wouldn't you say?

And finally, the $5M question: have you submited a help-desk ticket? You do know that the help-desk is the fastest way to get your problems solved and any urgent issues should go through there first, don't you? :P

Edited by TCH-Raul

Didn't mean to ask honest questions of you...

I thought this was an open help forum... Guess Not!

You thought wrong. This is a forum for our family members to discuss web-related issues. The techs visit the forums but they spend most of their time monitoring the help desk which is set up for help, as the name implies.

Lisa did her job and put the message where it belongs. If she knew the answer to your question I can guarantee you she would have given it, as would any of us mods, but we are moderators and not technicians.

There are no "back of the bus" forums and your comment about the track record of backend issues may have something to do with the fact that many of those require techs that have knowledge and passwords to solve and they are resolved in the help desk

Didn't mean to give an honest answer to you...

A kind post will attract more replies than a nasty, impatient, accusational one.

The forums are NOT for one one one tech support. If you have a support issue open a support ticket. The moderators on the forums are not support staff, no need to be rude to them for doing their job.

Thread closed