How Easy Is It To Set Up A Reseller Account?

Hello TCH Folks,

You seem like a friendly bunch!

We have about 10 active sites at the moment and expect to double or triple that by year end. So it seems to me to be time to move from shared hosting to a reseller package.

I'm completely comfortable setting up a single domain at a new host, but am wondering how much new there will be to learn, with WMH.

I CAN do that kind of thing ... but I no longer WANT to. :lol:

Also, I'm assuming that to figure out which plan I might want, I would go to the Cpanels of each domain at my existing hosts and add up bandwidth. True? Anything else?

TIA for you help.

Vancouver Lady

You can visit the WHM Tutorials page and watch some movies on using the WHM. It's not that difficult to use. You create packages, then start adding domains assigning them the packages you create.

Also, I'm assuming that to figure out which plan I might want, I would go to the Cpanels of each domain at my existing hosts and add up bandwidth. True?

That would be ideal.

I can assure you the resellers account is very easy to work with. When I first got mine, I was worried that it might be too complicated but I haven't had a single problem with it. The tutorials Bruce mentioned are a great way to get started and if you ever need assistance or want to know how to do something, just ask here in the forums and you'll get an answer right away. Sometimes within minutes.

TCH is definitely the best.

Hi Vancouver Lady,

Welcome to the TCH forums!

As has been said, the tutorials that TCH provides are very helpful.

I have been on a reseller account since about the second week I came to TCH, I have not had any problems with the WHM, it is mostly simple, you just have to add a package, then add your accounts to the package, it is as simple as that, after a few seconds of messing around inside it you will understand it very easily.

And as has alrdy been said, if you have ANY problems, with anything, or just need help or advice, feel free to ask on the forums.

Hi!

Waving from Alberta!

I can assure you won't find a better place then TCH!

Rock Sign

I have a reseller account and if I can do it... ANYONE CAN!

WHM is awesome and CPANEL is great!

Really, you won't find a better deal anywhere - and service? I wish that other companies had service like TCH!

Honest, you won't ever be disapointed at TCH!

Welcome to your new family!

Weezy

<_<

Aaaaaah! That was SO easy!

Thank you, Bruce, Venusian, Alan and Weezy!

It was the guidance to first "create a package" that turned on the light for me.

I signed up last night and -- following a good suggestion on another posting -- made a small change in my home page before uploading to TCH. That showed me this morning that propagation had already begun.

So I'm guessing now that I will never see in the Account List at WMH the original website I transfered here, correct? Just the accounts I create from now on.

Cheers,

Sheila (born in Calgary, Weezy)

Yeah, the "main domain" of a reseller doesn't show up in the lists. Mine doesn't either.

The really great thing about upgrading from a bunch of shared accounts to a reseller is that there's no 72-hour propagation problems, and that the move is relatively painless.

Well, yes, you're changing servers... But the nameservers are staying the same:

ns1.totalchoicehosting.com

ns2.totalchoicehosting.com

All TCH has to do is change the local DNS and you're set. Other ISPs don't have that 72-hour problem because to them, the DNS didn't change.

Hey VL!

Great to have you aboard!

Another gal and another Canadian!

YAHHHOOO!

I swear, honest, these guys rock.

I have never seen such great service, honesty and true helpfulness!

Welcome VL! I am so glad you joined.. we need more gals here!

No offence to the guys ... LOL :hug:

Weezy

My pleasure Vancouver Lady,

I just thought I would mention it, because I fiddled around with that part in the WHM for about a hour, until I decided I was bored, and made a plan with 1 gig of space, and 10 gigs of bandwidth and parked all my domains on that one with just a hitcounter and a link back to my personal site. LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Weezy,

I don't design at all ... I use templates! And now we're starting to

use "virtual staff" hired through elance and scriptlance. We will also

be bringing on some local people soon for research and tech support.

Our websites are a mix of affiliate sites, and simple sales pages for

eBooks I've written.

Last year, my husband, Bob, built his first website and now he's

doing fabulously well. So we talk shop from morning til night. :hug:

I've actually been online since the very first BBS (Bulletin Board)

systems back in the late 70s.

I LOVE this business ... and all the great people you meet.

Cheers,

Vancouver Lady

Yeah, the "main domain" of a reseller doesn't show up in the lists. Mine doesn't either.

since the main deomain does not show up does this mean i have to get a new domain because the domains i want to work with are heartofdestiny.com and net and org :angry: