Just Bought A Umts Phone

TCH-Thomas

Looks OK.

I still prefer a nice SLR (Single Lens Reflex) digital camera for taking pictures and a cell phone to make phone calls.

Unfortunately, it's harder and harder to find a cell phone that doesn't make pancakes... ;)

Looks OK.

I still prefer a nice SLR (Single Lens Reflex) digital camera for taking pictures and a cell phone to make phone calls.

Unfortunately, it's harder and harder to find a cell phone that doesn't make pancakes... :)

lol, me too ;)

I'd love to have a digital SLR.

As for phones, I've come to the realization I absolutely need WAP and GPRS!

Camera is optional. And UMTS hasn't even started over here. And we don't miss it! We're waiting for EDGE and Wireless Village.

I upgraded my cell phone to a picture phone a couple of months ago. Best use for it for me is, as a teacher, I sometimes snap a quick picture of students in class that might be of interest when I have a parent conference. ;)

Thomas -

For a quick image, hand held in low light - not bad! Ginnie looks comfy and ready for her close-up. ;) How do you download the images to your PC?

I have an Olympus D460 Zoom digital camera. I chose it for its macro capabilities when I want to shoot images in my garden. Got it for next to nothing on eBay a couple of years ago and it still does a good job for me.

Have fun with your new toy! :P

Yeah, although the phone camera is nice I cant think of a need for one for me. I will keep my cell and if anyone is looking for my b-day in September I would like a CoolPix please. ;)

I got a CoolPix 4300 not too long ago. I really like it, but would love to have a digital SLR. Until then I will use my sturdy Nikon SLR for those quality shots.

So you take a photo and then email your computer to have it put it on the screen. Scary!

I read an article saying how we aren't that far from Star Trek and one point was that our flip-phones are a lot like their communicators. Not even Gene Roddenberry saw the camera-phone coming! Makes me wonder how much is practical and how much is just "cool-effect". ;)

One thing I read was that folks today are catching more criminals because the phones are always on and they just snap a shot of a crime/criminal and then give it to the cops instead of cameras that have to be turned on and by then it's too late.

What a world we live in! Thumbs Up :heart

My SLR cameras are gathering dust...

The main difference with a digital camera is that you don't have to think about wasting film. The only considerations are how much battery juice you have left, and how much space you have with you - whether on cards, laptop or extra harddrive.

annie, you can have a digital SLR. Good quality + no film waste ;)

Take a look at http://nikonimaging.com/global/products/index.htm

My father has a D100 and it's really good :D

Edited by TCH-Raul

One of the downsides of camphones is emerging in the form of voyeuristic or espionage activities. Reports are that it is extremely easy to smuggle these things into places they shouldn't be, and take surreptitious pics of private 'things'. Some companies have gone to the lengths of banning then in offices because of security concerns.

Funny thing--it is called a cell phone. I just want mine to give me excellent call quality, no longer drop my calls, and be able to be reached inside every town of more than 20,000 people. Basically--give me land line quality.

Once the phone aspect of the cell phone gets resolved to my satisfaction, then spend the time, effort, and money on expanding what it can do.

I think the reason the manufacturers and providers of cellular service add those toys is to distract you from what your service cannot do well.

In Norway there are lots of people who no longer have land lines. Especially students. A student friend of mine calls out with his cell phone on average 20 minutes a day, based on his last bill!

I haven't averaged mine yet, but I'm inching up there too.

Call quality is generally very good, unless you live in a concrete building (like I do).

And we've got coverage even on some mountain tops!

But that's Norway...

How long has Piggie been working on that cookie ?

I dont know, maybe 2-3 hours with Ginnies help. ;)

These breads are called "knäckebröd" and i think its a swedish speciality (or atleast scandinavian).

You can see how big these breads are from beginning at my Ginnie & Piggie pages, scroll down to "Series". ;)