Help Setting Up Dreamweaver Mx

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Walt_Basil

Walt_Basil
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 December 2003 - 05:07 PM

I was wondering if anyone else uses Dreamweaver MX to publish their web site. I seem to be having some problems. The settings are as follows:
Access: FTP
FTP Host: basilweb.net (my domain)
Host directory: public_html/
Login: the supplied login that came with the email
Password: the supplied password that came with my email

I hit the "Test" button, and Dreamweaver tells me that "Dreamweaver connected to my host server successfully."

When I try to "put" my files there using the "put" button, or by using the "connect" button, it looks as though it connects, but then it says "waiting for server" and times out after a couple minutes telling me that I lost my connection.

Any clues or hints?

Thanks,
Walt

#2 Walt_Basil

Walt_Basil
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 December 2003 - 05:17 PM

Apparently I also had to check the "set passive" box. Chalk that one up to experience..

Thanks anyways!

Walt

#3 TCH-Don

TCH-Don

Immediate Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,642 posts

Posted 21 December 2003 - 07:36 PM

:lol: Hi Walt, welcome to the family ;)

glad you worked it out.

There is a lot of info on Dreamweaver on the TCH help site
including Tracy's info on Dreamweaver MX / Remote MySQL Connection.

if you need anything just ask your new family!

#4 Walt_Basil

Walt_Basil
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 December 2003 - 08:15 PM

Thanks Don! I'll be sure to check the DW section out. I looked and looked, but could not find anything dealing with DW, except that others were apparently using it.

For the future, I would like to implement a BB on my site, as well as an automated email account setup that family members would be able to visit the website, and create their own email account under my domain. That way I am not viewing their passwords, etc.

Any places to start looking? I guess I would be called a novice at this, although I have set up many simple websites. Nothing too elaborate.

Thanks again for your prompt reply.

Walt

#5 rockyrock

rockyrock

New To The Neighborhood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:24 AM

Hi)) can anyone explain: How do you ‘upload’ a website that you’ve made in dreamweaver to an online webhost?

#6 TCH-Thomas

TCH-Thomas

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,907 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:03 AM

Welcome to the forum, rockyrock. :)

While I am not using Dreamweaver, I think the steps that Don refers to in the 3rd post in this thread are still valid, so please check them out.

Also, I have removed your other post in the Dreamweaver forum as Dons link covers it as well.

Thomas Jikrantz
Forum Moderator
TotalChoice Hosting, Inc.

Any links or suggestions for third party software/sites should be used at your own risk. My opinions and recommendations are not necessary those of TCH and TCH is not responsible.

As a Forum Moderator I can assist in answering many of your hosting related questions. However, I am unable to answer questions about specifics relating to your account such as billing and server related issues. Should you need assistance in these areas, please contact our Help Desk or our many other options. Another good place to find answers is with our help pages, tutorials and movie tutorials.
Web Hosting by Total Choice Web Hosting - 24/7 Help Desk

#7 TCH-Bruce

TCH-Bruce

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 19,960 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:46 AM

Welcome to the forum :)

Bruce Richards
Forum Moderator
TotalChoice Hosting, Inc.
Webhosting by Total Choice Web Hosting - General Support Forum

I am a Forum Moderator. While I can assist in answering most of your hosting related questions, I am unable to answer questions about specifics relating to your account such as billing and server related issues. Should you need assistance in these areas, please contact our Help Desk or our many other options. Another good place to find answers is with our help pages, tutorials and movie tutorials.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users