3 replies to this topic

#1 Boojum

Boojum

Immediate Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:29 AM

I'd like to create a box on each of my pages so readers can leave comments, preferably with a Captcha system to filter spambots and some means for me to delete comments from human spammers. Can anyone suggest a solution for this that will work well with CPanel and the software pre-installed on TCH's servers?

#2 TCH-Thomas

TCH-Thomas

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,908 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:47 AM

Is this for the site in your signature?
If so I would use something like wordpress, but then you would need to redo the whole site.
Otherwise, perhaps Disqus (disqus.com) could be something for you?

Thomas Jikrantz
Forum Moderator
TotalChoice Hosting, Inc.

Any links or suggestions for third party software/sites should be used at your own risk. My opinions and recommendations are not necessary those of TCH and TCH is not responsible.

As a Forum Moderator I can assist in answering many of your hosting related questions. However, I am unable to answer questions about specifics relating to your account such as billing and server related issues. Should you need assistance in these areas, please contact our Help Desk or our many other options. Another good place to find answers is with our help pages, tutorials and movie tutorials.
Web Hosting by Total Choice Web Hosting - 24/7 Help Desk

#3 Boojum

Boojum

Immediate Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:05 AM

Hello, Thomas. Long time, no see.

I'm actually thinking more along the lines of a sort of generic script that I can customize to suit my site.

WordPress is entirely out of the question; I want a maximum of autonomy and a minimum of prefabricated design. I thought about Disqus, but there I run into a technical issue: I'm using Mac OS 9 (and am unable to upgrade right now because of financial strictures), and Disqus isn't recognizing my browser or letting me log in.

#4 TCH-Bruce

TCH-Bruce

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 19,960 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:26 AM

You could check out hotscripts.com to find a suitable script.

Bruce Richards
Forum Moderator
TotalChoice Hosting, Inc.
Webhosting by Total Choice Web Hosting - General Support Forum

I am a Forum Moderator. While I can assist in answering most of your hosting related questions, I am unable to answer questions about specifics relating to your account such as billing and server related issues. Should you need assistance in these areas, please contact our Help Desk or our many other options. Another good place to find answers is with our help pages, tutorials and movie tutorials.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users