2 replies to this topic

#1 rarpsl

rarpsl

Family Friend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:31 PM

I know that when I define a sub-domain, I define what directory I am directed to. IOW: Going X.domain is the same as going to www.domain/directory. My question is if I can define it so that in lieu of it being www.domain/directory, it will map to something like "www.domain/directory/script.php?a=x&b=y"? When I try it screams about not liking the ? (and maybe some of the other characters). Can I get the result I want by using %xx in lieu of the banned symbols?

Thank you.

#2 TCH-Bruce

TCH-Bruce

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 19,960 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:41 PM

The server should accept a url with a ? in it. If it didn't how would you pass variables? Maybe it has something to do with you defiing the folder as a subdomain. You can open a ticket with the help desk. Maybe they can point you in the right direction.

Bruce Richards
Forum Moderator
TotalChoice Hosting, Inc.
Webhosting by Total Choice Web Hosting - General Support Forum

I am a Forum Moderator. While I can assist in answering most of your hosting related questions, I am unable to answer questions about specifics relating to your account such as billing and server related issues. Should you need assistance in these areas, please contact our Help Desk or our many other options. Another good place to find answers is with our help pages, tutorials and movie tutorials.

#3 rarpsl

rarpsl

Family Friend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:04 AM

Thanks. I will.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users