7 replies to this topic

#1 marlene

marlene

Family Friend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:46 PM

I would like to prevent unauthorized webmail users from having some/all the options available to them when logging into their webmail account such as;

Change Password, Forwarding Options, Auto Responders, ConfigureMail Client, Email Delivery Route, Email Filtering.

How do I disable these options for certain email accounts for my domain?

marlene

#2 TCH-Thomas

TCH-Thomas

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,907 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:40 PM

I donīt think you can change this but hold on and someone may know how to.

Thomas Jikrantz
Forum Moderator
TotalChoice Hosting, Inc.

Any links or suggestions for third party software/sites should be used at your own risk. My opinions and recommendations are not necessary those of TCH and TCH is not responsible.

As a Forum Moderator I can assist in answering many of your hosting related questions. However, I am unable to answer questions about specifics relating to your account such as billing and server related issues. Should you need assistance in these areas, please contact our Help Desk or our many other options. Another good place to find answers is with our help pages, tutorials and movie tutorials.
Web Hosting by Total Choice Web Hosting - 24/7 Help Desk

#3 TCH-Bruce

TCH-Bruce

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 19,960 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:50 PM

You can open a ticket with the help desk and ask but I don't think it's possible since it's a part of cPanel.

Bruce Richards
Forum Moderator
Webhosting by Total Choice Web Hosting - General Support Forum

I am a Forum Moderator. While I can assist in answering most of your hosting related questions, I am unable to answer questions about specifics relating to your account such as billing and server related issues. Should you need assistance in these areas, please contact our Help Desk or our many other options. Another good place to find answers is with our help pages, tutorials and movie tutorials.

#4 marlene

marlene

Family Friend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:07 PM

Well that is extremely disappointing. As a domain owner, I think I should have the capability of controlling what the users can and cannot do. I especially don't want email passwords changed without prior authorization.

:)

#5 TCH-Bruce

TCH-Bruce

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 19,960 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 06:59 AM

Did you open a ticket with the help desk?

Bruce Richards
Forum Moderator
Webhosting by Total Choice Web Hosting - General Support Forum

I am a Forum Moderator. While I can assist in answering most of your hosting related questions, I am unable to answer questions about specifics relating to your account such as billing and server related issues. Should you need assistance in these areas, please contact our Help Desk or our many other options. Another good place to find answers is with our help pages, tutorials and movie tutorials.

#6 marlene

marlene

Family Friend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:48 AM

I spoke with a tech via live chat. I was told the same thing....can't be done. :)

Would it do any good to open a ticket?

#7 TCH-Thomas

TCH-Thomas

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,907 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 12:02 PM

No, sorry.

Thomas Jikrantz
Forum Moderator

Any links or suggestions for third party software/sites should be used at your own risk. My opinions and recommendations are not necessary those of TCH and TCH is not responsible.

As a Forum Moderator I can assist in answering many of your hosting related questions. However, I am unable to answer questions about specifics relating to your account such as billing and server related issues. Should you need assistance in these areas, please contact our Help Desk or our many other options. Another good place to find answers is with our help pages, tutorials and movie tutorials.
Web Hosting by Total Choice Web Hosting - 24/7 Help Desk

#8 TCH-Bala

TCH-Bala

Technical Support Manager

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:04 PM

I have seen this request making rounds with cpanel developers dating back to 2006. The only hack for this at the moment is editing out the theme and removing those features from the code. But this means the options will not be available to every user on the server, which is something we cannot implement on a shared hosting server. There is also a chance of things breaking when cpanel does a code rewrite.
Balakrishnan
Manager - Technical Support
http://www.totalchoicehosting.com

TCH Help Desk .. || .. TCH Blog

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users