#1 TCH-Blog

TCH-Blog

Distant Family

• Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:43 PM

Dear TCH Family,

As many of you are aware, we started enforcing a new policy for password rotation.  In theory this was a splendid idea from both a security and administrative view point.  Over the past 24 hours we have had a wide range of customer comments regarding this new policy.  These have ranged from this is the best new policy ever all the way to TotalChoice has gone to the dogs.

The largest concern about this new policy came from our reseller client base.  This is due to the fact that the new password change can not be effected from WHM.  It can only be effected from cPanel logins.  This is a flaw or bug that we did not realize was present in cPanel until our reseller clients started running into it.  We are working with cPanel in an effort to correct this issue.

As many of you are aware I take customer service very serious and I also do not beat around the bush with my clients.   It appears that this policy has become more of a nuisance for clients and that is something I would never want to promote.  It is with that in mind that I have chosen to revert this change and forgo this new policy.

I would like to thank all the clients that have reached out in both support of and against this issue.

As always thank you all for making TCH what it is today and most importantly….

Happy Hosting!

View the full article

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users