12 replies to this topic

#1 TCH-Dick

TCH-Dick

General Manager

• Admins
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,786 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:26 PM

I hope you don't mind but I split this off into its own thread.

We are still working on this issue for a remaining server (ambria) and I assure you that we will post more information as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience during this issue and you can also find updates at http://twitter.com/#!/totalchoicehost

Dick DeVance
General Manager
TotalChoice Hosting, Inc
dick@totalchoicehosting.com

Posted Image

#2 sheryltoo

sheryltoo

Distant Family

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:26 PM

Sounds good. Not quite sure how it effects me yet but did this change have anything to do with the fact that I couldn't access my site a short time ago or this forum?

#3 TCH-Thomas

TCH-Thomas

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,908 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:30 PM

No. The access problems was not a part of this.

Thomas Jikrantz
Forum Moderator
TotalChoice Hosting, Inc.

Any links or suggestions for third party software/sites should be used at your own risk. My opinions and recommendations are not necessary those of TCH and TCH is not responsible.

As a Forum Moderator I can assist in answering many of your hosting related questions. However, I am unable to answer questions about specifics relating to your account such as billing and server related issues. Should you need assistance in these areas, please contact our Help Desk or our many other options. Another good place to find answers is with our help pages, tutorials and movie tutorials.
Web Hosting by Total Choice Web Hosting - 24/7 Help Desk

#4 rusto

rusto

New To The Neighborhood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:30 PM

Sounds good. Not quite sure how it effects me yet but did this change have anything to do with the fact that I couldn't access my site a short time ago or this forum?

Not just your site (I could not access mine, and still can't) but totalchoicehosting.com seemed to be down as well. Major reboot? The weather? An update from someone in-the-know would be reassuring to say the least).

#5 sheryltoo

sheryltoo

Distant Family

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:41 PM

Not just your site (I could not access mine, and still can't) but totalchoicehosting.com seemed to be down as well. Major reboot? The weather? An update from someone in-the-know would be reassuring to say the least).

It's good to know it wasn't just me. Sometimes I worry that I did something wrong.

#6 kf4zmt

kf4zmt

Family Friend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:50 PM

My reseller site along with all of my customer's websites is still down. Is this another DDoS attack? Will someone from TCH let us know what is going on?

#7 kf4zmt

kf4zmt

Family Friend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 06:00 PM

I just received this response to the ticket I opened:

Alex Spaford
Posted On: 02 Feb 2011 05:47 PM
Hi,

We are currently experiencing a network issue , the Data Center techs are aware of the problem and are currently working on it.

I am sorry but I am not able to provide you an ETA right now.

Please check back after sometime.

Thank you.
Regards,
--
Alex Spaford
Level 2 System Administrator
TotalChoiceHosting LLC.

#8 rusto

rusto

New To The Neighborhood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 06:02 PM

Thx for sharing that, kf4zmt. I wonder if any of the (now) 4 forum admins currently here can add anything.

#9 rusto

rusto

New To The Neighborhood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 06:22 PM

My sites are back, phew.

#10 kweilbacher

kweilbacher

New To The Neighborhood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 06:46 PM

I hope there will be a full report, as usual, to this downtime.
-- kw
"The days pass by so quickly now, the nights are seldom long"

#11 TCH-Dick

TCH-Dick

General Manager

• Admins
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,786 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:53 PM

Please see thread http://www.totalchoi...showtopic=41259 for detailed information.

Dick DeVance
General Manager
TotalChoice Hosting, Inc

Posted Image

#12 kf4zmt

kf4zmt

Family Friend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:59 PM

I hope you don't mind but I split this off into its own thread.

We are still working on this issue for a remaining server (ambria) and I assure you that we will post more information as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience during this issue and you can also find updates at http://twitter.com/#!/totalchoicehost

I'm glad to see you guys have a Twitter account. That will come in really handy for future down time when an "out of band" mode of communication is needed. Hopefully we won't have any more DDoS repeats anytime soon, but when it does happen it's nearly impossible to get to the forums to find out what the problem is.

#13 TCH-Dick

TCH-Dick

General Manager

• Admins
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,786 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:57 PM

I'm glad to see you guys have a Twitter account. That will come in really handy for future down time when an "out of band" mode of communication is needed. Hopefully we won't have any more DDoS repeats anytime soon, but when it does happen it's nearly impossible to get to the forums to find out what the problem is.

Thanks for again for your patience during all this and we are going to start making more use of the twitter account. We have also started some changes to insure regardless of any issues, clients can still monitor things. We will complete those changes in the coming weeks and as always we will announce them.

Dick DeVance
General Manager
TotalChoice Hosting, Inc

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users