3 replies to this topic

#1 24gotham

24gotham

New To The Neighborhood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:42 AM

I have been using TCH for a few years, but right now I am helping out a non-profit with their site. I am looking at TCH as a host for the non-profit, and will be transferring their site and domain. But before signing up, I have a question on email forwarding. The organization has about 25 email accounts for which the recipient changes on an annual basis. We don't want to change the email address (example: treasurer@nonprofit.org) but need to be able to change the forward as the responsible party changes. Typically, we have had the recipients set up web-based accounts specifically for their emails for the organization (to keep their personal in-boxes less cluttered).

I have been able to see in the forums that email forwards can no longer go to AOL, Yahoo, MSN, etc... But it looks like we can still have forwarding to gmail accounts? Can you confirm? I am concerned that gmail may join the ranks of the others and then we are left without many options.

#2 TCH-Thomas

TCH-Thomas

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,908 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:20 PM

Gmail should be fine.
Personally I use Google apps for the email for one of the sites. People email name@example.net and the people involved in the site can use gmail to check the example.net´s email.

Thomas Jikrantz
Forum Moderator
TotalChoice Hosting, Inc.

Any links or suggestions for third party software/sites should be used at your own risk. My opinions and recommendations are not necessary those of TCH and TCH is not responsible.

As a Forum Moderator I can assist in answering many of your hosting related questions. However, I am unable to answer questions about specifics relating to your account such as billing and server related issues. Should you need assistance in these areas, please contact our Help Desk or our many other options. Another good place to find answers is with our help pages, tutorials and movie tutorials.
Web Hosting by Total Choice Web Hosting - 24/7 Help Desk

#3 sadmemories20

sadmemories20
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 10:51 PM

I have been able to see in the forums that email forwards can no longer go to AOL, Yahoo, MSN, etc... But it looks like we can still have forwarding to gmail accounts? Can you confirm? I am concerned that gmail may join the ranks of the others and then we are left without many options.

#4 TCH-Bala

TCH-Bala

Technical Support Manager

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 12:07 AM

The restriction on forwarders was removed some time back, please read about that announcement by clicking HERE. You can setup any forwarders that you deem fit.
Balakrishnan
Manager - Technical Support
TotalChoice Hosting, Inc.
http://www.totalchoicehosting.com

TCH Help Desk .. || .. TCH Blog

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users