11 replies to this topic

#1 Mrs. Muddled

Mrs. Muddled

Immediate Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 03:52 PM

Have discovered all of my animations are no longer functioning. What would be causing this?
MM

#2 TCH-Bruce

TCH-Bruce

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 19,960 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 06:22 PM

What kind of animations? Where? Link?

Bruce Richards
Forum Moderator
TotalChoice Hosting, Inc.
Webhosting by Total Choice Web Hosting - General Support Forum

I am a Forum Moderator. While I can assist in answering most of your hosting related questions, I am unable to answer questions about specifics relating to your account such as billing and server related issues. Should you need assistance in these areas, please contact our Help Desk or our many other options. Another good place to find answers is with our help pages, tutorials and movie tutorials.

#3 Gail

Gail

Distant Family

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 07:32 PM

Hi MM,

I just had a look at your mrsmuddled.com site. The animations seem to be working for me okay - at least the ones (3) that I came across. There is a character taking a golf swing, police car with lights going, and the Canadian flag flying.

Gail
Practice Random Acts of Kindness

#4 Mrs. Muddled

Mrs. Muddled

Immediate Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 05:39 PM

Attached File  librarian_shhh_quiet_please_md_wht.gif   11.48KB   6 downloads

What kind of animations? Where? Link?

they are .gif files that I've used for years. For some reason they are not animating when I insert them into a doc or whatever.

When I go to my personal website they appear to be working and yet I can't get them to work on my screen as I type a doc.

MM

#5 TCH-Bruce

TCH-Bruce

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 19,960 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:11 PM

They don't appear to be animating here either.

Bruce Richards
Forum Moderator

I am a Forum Moderator. While I can assist in answering most of your hosting related questions, I am unable to answer questions about specifics relating to your account such as billing and server related issues. Should you need assistance in these areas, please contact our Help Desk or our many other options. Another good place to find answers is with our help pages, tutorials and movie tutorials.

#6 TCH-Thomas

TCH-Thomas

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,907 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 02:25 AM

I see them animated here when i click on them.

When you say "doc" do you mean a word document?

Thomas Jikrantz
Forum Moderator

Any links or suggestions for third party software/sites should be used at your own risk. My opinions and recommendations are not necessary those of TCH and TCH is not responsible.

As a Forum Moderator I can assist in answering many of your hosting related questions. However, I am unable to answer questions about specifics relating to your account such as billing and server related issues. Should you need assistance in these areas, please contact our Help Desk or our many other options. Another good place to find answers is with our help pages, tutorials and movie tutorials.
Web Hosting by Total Choice Web Hosting - 24/7 Help Desk

#7 TCH-Bruce

TCH-Bruce

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 19,960 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 07:02 AM

Thomas is correct. If I click on them I see the animation too.

Bruce Richards
Forum Moderator

#8 TCH-Dick

TCH-Dick

General Manager

• Admins
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,786 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:05 AM

When you say "doc" I assume you mean MS Office or one of its components? If this is the case, support for animated gifs was removed a few years ago when they replaced IE for rendering certian objects in Office.

Dick DeVance
General Manager
TotalChoice Hosting, Inc
dick@totalchoicehosting.com

Posted Image

#9 Mrs. Muddled

Mrs. Muddled

Immediate Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 05:30 AM

I see them animated here when i click on them.

When you say "doc" do you mean a word document?

Yes.
MM

#10 Mrs. Muddled

Mrs. Muddled

Immediate Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 05:37 AM

When you say "doc" I assume you mean MS Office or one of its components? If this is the case, support for animated gifs was removed a few years ago when they replaced IE for rendering certian objects in Office.

Thanks Dick. How many years ago?
MM

#11 Mrs. Muddled

Mrs. Muddled

Immediate Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 05:39 AM

they are .gif files that I've used for years. For some reason they are not animating when I insert them into a doc or whatever.

When I go to my personal website they appear to be working and yet I can't get them to work on my screen as I type a doc.

This is a good example. That librarian gif moves on one of my wordpress pages ... doesn't here.
MM

#12 TCH-Bruce

TCH-Bruce

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 19,960 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 07:07 AM

If you see the animation in a graphics program or with your browser there is nothing wrong with them. If they aren't displaying in other applications then those applications don't support animated gifs.

Bruce Richards
Forum Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users