#1 TCH-Bruce

TCH-Bruce

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 19,960 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:03 AM

WordPress 2.9.1 has been released.

Read more about it here ht*p://wordpress.org/development/2010/01/wordpress-2-9-1/

Bruce Richards
Forum Moderator
TotalChoice Hosting, Inc.
Webhosting by Total Choice Web Hosting - General Support Forum

I am a Forum Moderator. While I can assist in answering most of your hosting related questions, I am unable to answer questions about specifics relating to your account such as billing and server related issues. Should you need assistance in these areas, please contact our Help Desk or our many other options. Another good place to find answers is with our help pages, tutorials and movie tutorials.

#2 TCH-Thomas

TCH-Thomas

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,907 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 12:45 PM

Thanks Bruce. :)

Thomas Jikrantz
Forum Moderator

Any links or suggestions for third party software/sites should be used at your own risk. My opinions and recommendations are not necessary those of TCH and TCH is not responsible.

As a Forum Moderator I can assist in answering many of your hosting related questions. However, I am unable to answer questions about specifics relating to your account such as billing and server related issues. Should you need assistance in these areas, please contact our Help Desk or our many other options. Another good place to find answers is with our help pages, tutorials and movie tutorials.
Web Hosting by Total Choice Web Hosting - 24/7 Help Desk

#3 TCH-Carl

TCH-Carl

Technical Support

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 05:53 AM

Carl Noonan
Techical Support Manager
http://www.totalchoicehosting.com

TCH Help Desk .. || .. TCH Blog

Posted Image

#4 kweilbacher

kweilbacher

New To The Neighborhood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 10:04 AM

When will WP 2.9 or WP 2.9.1 show up under Fantastico for us to update our web sites?
-- kw
"The days pass by so quickly now, the nights are seldom long"

#5 TCH-Bruce

TCH-Bruce

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 19,960 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 11:37 AM

That is out of TotalChoice's control. But you can always upgrade through the WP administration panel or manually upgrade which is how I've always done it.

When ever Fantastico decides to release it.

Bruce Richards
Forum Moderator

I am a Forum Moderator. While I can assist in answering most of your hosting related questions, I am unable to answer questions about specifics relating to your account such as billing and server related issues. Should you need assistance in these areas, please contact our Help Desk or our many other options. Another good place to find answers is with our help pages, tutorials and movie tutorials.

#6 kweilbacher

kweilbacher

New To The Neighborhood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 12:17 PM

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I thought I was previously told by someone to only use Fantastico for updating WP. If I can update WP directly from the WP panel, that's great, as that's what I do for other websites host outside of TCH.
-- kw

#7 TCH-Bruce

TCH-Bruce

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 19,960 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 03:54 PM

Fantastico will never be quick to release updates for newer versions of packages. That's why I prefer to do manual installs. But with WordPress having it's own update facility built-in (that works) I would use that instead of waiting for Fantastico.

Bruce Richards
Forum Moderator

#8 TCH-Thomas

TCH-Thomas

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,907 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 04:11 PM

I agree on what Bruce says, just want to add one thing.

I donīt know if the Wordpress people have solved it but earlier the built in upgrade function, created a folder named "upgrade" in /public_html/wp-content/ that it did not remove/empty after the upgrade.
If upgrade fails, remove this folder and try again and it should work.

Thomas Jikrantz
Forum Moderator

Any links or suggestions for third party software/sites should be used at your own risk. My opinions and recommendations are not necessary those of TCH and TCH is not responsible.

As a Forum Moderator I can assist in answering many of your hosting related questions. However, I am unable to answer questions about specifics relating to your account such as billing and server related issues. Should you need assistance in these areas, please contact our Help Desk or our many other options. Another good place to find answers is with our help pages, tutorials and movie tutorials.
Web Hosting by Total Choice Web Hosting - 24/7 Help Desk

#9 beubanks

beubanks
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 10:41 AM

I've always used Fantastico for previous upgrades, but the Automatic Updgrade on Wordpress Dashboard updated with no problems. That will be my choice for future upgrades. I was willing to try it because I guessed that that if I made a backup before the upgrade and the upgrade didn't work, the folks at TCH would be able to rescue me.

#10 kweilbacher

kweilbacher

New To The Neighborhood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 10:50 AM

Just curious ... when doing WP updates from the WP dashboard, do you manually disable your WP plugins, or does WP do that automatically when upgrading
-- kw

#11 beubanks

beubanks
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 11:08 AM

For the plugins I used, WP did it automatically. I use very few plugins, so my results may not be typical.

#12 TCH-Bruce

TCH-Bruce

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 19,960 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 02:52 PM

I never disable my plugins and haven't had a problem.

Bruce Richards
Forum Moderator

#13 TCH-Carl

TCH-Carl

Technical Support

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 09:07 PM

Guess it depends on how many and what plugins you have :)
Carl Noonan
Techical Support Manager
http://www.totalchoicehosting.com

TCH Help Desk .. || .. TCH Blog

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users