6 replies to this topic

#1 Mae

Mae

Distant Family

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 02:48 AM

I've had my forum set up for some time. I get views on the view posts I've made, but I can't get anyone to register and post. My website has gotten over 50,000 hits, but I can't get any registered users on my forums. Any ideas to get it moving?

#2 stevesh

stevesh

Distant Family

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 06:53 AM

Well, you missed an opportunity to publicize it right here.

Put a link to your forum in your signature here, so we can see what the problem might be, and do the same when you sign up to other forums if allowed.

Edited by stevesh, 11 July 2008 - 06:54 AM.

#3 TCH-Thomas

TCH-Thomas

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,907 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 07:49 AM

Agrees with Steve, plus...

• backlinks (ie have others link to you)
  • put a signature link in your emails
  • and most important of all as far as I know, content that your intended visitors finds interesting. If not interesting enough a visitor may consider to not come back.

Thomas Jikrantz
Forum Moderator
TotalChoice Hosting, Inc.

Any links or suggestions for third party software/sites should be used at your own risk. My opinions and recommendations are not necessary those of TCH and TCH is not responsible.

As a Forum Moderator I can assist in answering many of your hosting related questions. However, I am unable to answer questions about specifics relating to your account such as billing and server related issues. Should you need assistance in these areas, please contact our Help Desk or our many other options. Another good place to find answers is with our help pages, tutorials and movie tutorials.
Web Hosting by Total Choice Web Hosting - 24/7 Help Desk

#4 Mae

Mae

Distant Family

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 01:35 PM

I do all of that for my website. I guess I need to be more aggessive with my forums. Okay - new question. I have the forum set up from here. Does anyone have an idea for the best way to set up a contest? I thought I would give away a handcrafted beaded lanyard (I make jewelry. The site is for teachers). I want it to be set up so everyone who signs up and posts (is there a way to monitor more than once?) on the forum gets in the drawing. How do I keep track of who signs up? What's the easiest way to put their names into the drawing? Any thoughts?

#5 TCH-Thomas

TCH-Thomas

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,907 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 01:42 PM

The easiest would probably be to do as TCH usually do, start a new thread in your forum and ask everyone that want to participate to reply with the answer to a question or post a photo (as in the TCH contests) etc. That way you can easily keep track on (probably) everything.

Thomas Jikrantz
Forum Moderator
TotalChoice Hosting, Inc.

Any links or suggestions for third party software/sites should be used at your own risk. My opinions and recommendations are not necessary those of TCH and TCH is not responsible.

As a Forum Moderator I can assist in answering many of your hosting related questions. However, I am unable to answer questions about specifics relating to your account such as billing and server related issues. Should you need assistance in these areas, please contact our Help Desk or our many other options. Another good place to find answers is with our help pages, tutorials and movie tutorials.
Web Hosting by Total Choice Web Hosting - 24/7 Help Desk

#6 knev

knev

New To The Neighborhood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 05:27 AM

Write Articles do submission and press release

#7 GuestLuisribasGuest

GuestLuisribasGuest
  • Guests