Photo

Wordpress And Simple Machines Forum Install..

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 katerjames

katerjames
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 12:14 AM

My first stop for figuring this out was the FAQ on the SMF website...then the forums. I've been told it's most likely an issue with my host - that'd be you guys. I can't really find a spot for "technical support" and everytime I try and click on "Live Help" it says they're offline, or the person comes and then leaves...

When I installed SMF and Wordpress via my Cpanel, the themes and layouts look....not right. They are boxy, and lack the smooth image look they should have. When I Installed new themes for SMF, they were broken as well, boxy etc. I thought it must be a problem with cpanel dropping files so I uploaded every grueling file via my FTP client (cyberduck, running on Mac OS 10.5). That didn't help at all. Surprisingly.

I won't post the link to my website here as it's geared towards adults 18+. There isn't anything explicit, but I'd rather not have it in the hands of minors.

If *any* one can help, it would be greatly appreciated. I can and will give out the link to both the forum and the blog, but only via email or private message - krjames [at] mac.com. Oh and if this should have been filed somewhere else, sorry, but the forums are new and confusing to me!

Thanks,
Kate

#2 TCH-Andy

TCH-Andy

Immediate Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,699 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 01:53 AM

Hi Kate, welcome to the forums :)

You can chat to people via IM, or just use the help desk ( link at the top of the page )
Andy Beckett
-----------------
Part of the TCH family since the beginnings of time.

#3 TCH-Thomas

TCH-Thomas

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,908 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 02:13 AM

Welcome to the forum, Kate. :)

Thomas Jikrantz
Forum Moderator
TotalChoice Hosting, Inc.

Any links or suggestions for third party software/sites should be used at your own risk. My opinions and recommendations are not necessary those of TCH and TCH is not responsible.

As a Forum Moderator I can assist in answering many of your hosting related questions. However, I am unable to answer questions about specifics relating to your account such as billing and server related issues. Should you need assistance in these areas, please contact our Help Desk or our many other options. Another good place to find answers is with our help pages, tutorials and movie tutorials.
Web Hosting by Total Choice Web Hosting - 24/7 Help Desk

#4 TCH-Bruce

TCH-Bruce

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 19,960 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 07:14 AM

Welcome to the forums Kate :)

I took the liberty to edit your email address so it doesn't get picked up by the search engines and spiders.

Bruce Richards
Forum Moderator
TotalChoice Hosting, Inc.
Webhosting by Total Choice Web Hosting - General Support Forum

I am a Forum Moderator. While I can assist in answering most of your hosting related questions, I am unable to answer questions about specifics relating to your account such as billing and server related issues. Should you need assistance in these areas, please contact our Help Desk or our many other options. Another good place to find answers is with our help pages, tutorials and movie tutorials.

#5 katerjames

katerjames
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 07:56 AM

Hi Kate, welcome to the forums :)

You can chat to people via IM, or just use the help desk ( link at the top of the page )

I received your PM, and I'll respond in a minute. I've tried IMing on Yahoo and AIM but lately I've not been getting any response.

Kate

#6 katerjames

katerjames
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 07:57 AM

Welcome to the forums Kate :)

I took the liberty to edit your email address so it doesn't get picked up by the search engines and spiders.

You know, I actually was thinking last night that I should have munged it, and will do next time!

Thanks for the welcome :)

Kate

#7 katerjames

katerjames
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 07:58 AM

Welcome to the forum, Kate. :)

Thank you Thomas :)

Kate

#8 Bunni

Bunni