#1 Dirk

Dirk

Family Friend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 08:49 PM

Hello,

I am suddenly getting errors in OSC. This could be related to the PHP5 change, even though it worked fine yesterday when I got the notification mail from TCH. I have just upgraded to latest OSC MS2 RC1 to be ready for the PHP5 transition.

This is the error, taken from a clean OSC install with Fantastico:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Unknown session.serialize_handler. Failed to decode session
 object. in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/osctest/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 97

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent
 (output started at /home/xxxxx/public_html/osctest/includes/functions/sessions.php:97) in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/osctest/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 97

I could not find anything concrete on the web on this error. Once site (in French) suggests that this can be fixed by modifying php.ini settings ("session.cache_limiter"), but I am really not sure.

Would appreciate any help on this.

Regards

Dirk

#2 Dirk

Dirk

Family Friend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 08:54 PM

The above was from the top of the OSC page. This is at the bottom:

Warning: session_write_close() [function.session-write-close]: Unknown session.serialize_handler. 
Failed to  encode session object. in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/osctest/includes/functions/sessions.php 
on line 136

Fatal error: Unknown: Cannot find save handler files in Unknown on line 0

#3 TCH-Bruce

TCH-Bruce

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 19,960 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 07:51 AM

Please open a ticket with the help desk. They may be able to help you sort this out.

Bruce Richards
Forum Moderator
TotalChoice Hosting, Inc.
Webhosting by Total Choice Web Hosting - General Support Forum

I am a Forum Moderator. While I can assist in answering most of your hosting related questions, I am unable to answer questions about specifics relating to your account such as billing and server related issues. Should you need assistance in these areas, please contact our Help Desk or our many other options. Another good place to find answers is with our help pages, tutorials and movie tutorials.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users