Cute Site Builder & Custom Templates
Posted 24 November 2007 - 07:11 PM
Posted 24 November 2007 - 07:48 PM
TotalChoice Hosting, Inc.
Webhosting by Total Choice Web Hosting - General Support Forum
I am a Forum Moderator. While I can assist in answering most of your hosting related questions, I am unable to answer questions about specifics relating to your account such as billing and server related issues. Should you need assistance in these areas, please contact our Help Desk or our many other options. Another good place to find answers is with our help pages, tutorials and movie tutorials.
Posted 27 November 2007 - 10:40 AM
It does not require a fancy photo editor. Any will do.
I use Paint Shop Pro 9 for most of my CSB work because it lets me take a very large image and SLICE it into a top, left border and body piece when I want that type of layout.
You probably want to modify an existing template and make it your own style.
That's the easiest way to do it.
I tweaked the basic instruction below for you:
To create your own template from a modified CSB template:
1. Open a site file with the template you want to change.
2. Change how pages are arranged in the map or outline.
3. In the map, add, change, or remove sequences, shapes, and pictures.
4. In individual pages, add, change, or remove text, pictures, links, fields, field links, audio, video, or special
5. Click on the page you want to first appear when a new site is started with this template.
6. (0ptional) Hide or show the Map and Outline. If you hide or show either in the template, they will be hidden
or showing for users when they first open a site using the template.
7. On the menu bar, choose File > Save As. The Save As window appears (see picture on following page).
8. In Save in, select WebDesigns. The WebDesigns folder is generally at C:/Program
9. In File name, type a name for your template.
10. In the Save as type list, select CuteSITE Builder Template Files (*.tlt).
11. Click Save. Your new template will now be available in the New CuteSITE Builder File window
You will need a text summary and the picture to go with it. Follow the instructions copied below for that.
The instructions for making templates are included in the CSB4 user guide here.
See section 14.
To create a text summary for a new template
When you open the New CuteSITE Builder File window and select a template, you will see a short text
message to the right of the Select a template list. This text explains why and when to use the selected
template. You can change these summaries, and create new ones for templates that you create.
1. In Windows, click Start.
2. On the menu, choose Programs > Accessories > NotePad. NotePad opens.
3. On the NotePad menu bar, choose File > Open. An Open window appears.
4. In the Look in box, select the WebDesigns folder. You can find the WebDesigns folder wherever you
installed CuteSITE Builder. If you didn't choose the location for CuteSITE Builder when you installed it,
you will find the WebDesigns folder at C:\Program Files\GlobalSCAPE\CuteSITE Builder\WebDesigns.
5. Select any file and click Open. The text file opens in NotePad.
6. Change or completely rewrite the text.
7. On the menu bar, choose File > Save As. The Save As window appears.
8. Make sure WebDesigns is in the Save in box.
9. In the File name box, type the same name as the template the text will summarize.
10. Click Save. Now when you select the template in the New CuteSITE Builder File window, the summary
you created will appear.
To create a picture preview for a template
When you open the New CuteSITE Builder File window and select a template, you will see a small picture to
the right of the Select a template list. This picture shows the basic structure of the template as it would appear
in the CuteSITE Builder map. You can change these pictures, and create new ones for templates that you
1. Open picture editing software.
2. From your picture editing software, go to the WebDesigns folder and open any file that has a .map.bmp
3. Change the picture to look like the map of your new or altered template.
4. Save the picture in the WebDesigns folder with the same name as your new or altered template plus the
.map.bmp extension. You will now see a preview picture of your new template when you select it in the
New CuteSITE Builder File window.
A couple of the folks on the samisite.com forum have made template files and could answer any specific questions you may have. Trudy has a site with may downloadables that may suit your needs.
SamiSite.com CSB and WYSIWYG program tutorials
Feel free to right click the silly little forum images I use and save them to your own website space.
Then link to your own site. Please don't hotlink to my website to use the images. Thanks!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users