4 replies to this topic

#1 Mrs. Muddled

Mrs. Muddled

Immediate Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 05:57 PM

I was fiddling with my blog last night and tripped over some info on the new, supposedly "easy" webpages Google Blogger is designing (sigh, how many times I've seen that word - I know they're lying in their teeth). It looked rather appealing. I am wondering if anyone over here has had any experience with the process yet.

Google Blogger also has this new blog setup that lets bloggers drag and drop various bits and pieces in and around their blog. Unfortunately the new process does not work if one has a set up like I do - where I actually publish through TCH. Bummer. :group:

Now I've got to figure out how to organize the mess I've made of my archives. Gaaaad, it's so frustrating! I've found some directions on "how" to organize everything into labels. Of course it means moving all that bloody code around, so I'm already intimidated.

Cheers,
MM

#2 TCH-Bruce

TCH-Bruce

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 19,960 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 01:49 PM

If you are currently using Wordpress, all you need to do is find a widget-ready theme to use and you can control your sidebar content with drag-n'-drop ease.

You can find many 2, 3 and 4-column themes that support widgets.

Lorelle has a good introduction to widgets on her Wordpress blog.

Bruce Richards
Forum Moderator
TotalChoice Hosting, Inc.
Webhosting by Total Choice Web Hosting - General Support Forum

I am a Forum Moderator. While I can assist in answering most of your hosting related questions, I am unable to answer questions about specifics relating to your account such as billing and server related issues. Should you need assistance in these areas, please contact our Help Desk or our many other options. Another good place to find answers is with our help pages, tutorials and movie tutorials.

#3 Mrs. Muddled

Mrs. Muddled

Immediate Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 10:25 PM

Oh Bruce! Have you already forgotten my aborted attempt to set up my website on Wordpress?!!! It was so over my head. Fact is: If I ever want a real website, I will have to hire someone to make it for me. I just get overwhelmed with the whole HTML thing. It's like learning Cantonese for me. I just can't get a grasp on it. :wacko:
MM

#4 Just_Rob

Just_Rob

Distant Family

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 05:49 PM

Dont feel bad MM, you and I are in the same boat.

#5 Mrs. Muddled

Mrs. Muddled

Immediate Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 03:44 AM

What a shame we have no oars!

Regards,

MM
MM

0 user(s) are reading this topic