10 replies to this topic

#1 signatures

signatures

Family Friend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 07:24 PM

hi, haven't been on in awhile....any help on creating a favicon for my site? i have a file, but being on fronpage not sure where to put it or upload....can i do it from cp panel? usually just save files from frontpage editor when making changes to the site.....guess i'm getting out of touch on this, dave

#2 TCH-Bruce

TCH-Bruce

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 19,960 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 08:03 PM

Just upload it to the public_html folder along with your other documents. You can do it with the File Manager in cPanel.

Bruce Richards
Forum Moderator
TotalChoice Hosting, Inc.
Webhosting by Total Choice Web Hosting - General Support Forum

I am a Forum Moderator. While I can assist in answering most of your hosting related questions, I am unable to answer questions about specifics relating to your account such as billing and server related issues. Should you need assistance in these areas, please contact our Help Desk or our many other options. Another good place to find answers is with our help pages, tutorials and movie tutorials.

#3 wampthing

wampthing

Crazy Uncle Dave

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 08:05 PM

the favicon.ico file needs to be saved in the public_html directory. You can use cpanel and upload it there. Nothing more needs to be done.

If you dont already have it saved as a .ico file you can use gimpshop. just name it "favicon" and save it as a .ico file.

edit:
Bruce beat me to it.

Edited by wampthing, 29 November 2006 - 08:05 PM.

Dave Jensen (Wampthing)
~I'm not as confused as you think I am... on the other hand, maybe I'm not~

#4 signatures

signatures

Family Friend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 01:34 PM

Thanks, i think i got it for now. they kept trying to tell me to insert some html text for it, but it seems to work with just the ico file. Now i can change later to some better symbol, cause they are pretty damn small.

guess one of these days i'll build a new site with some other program since frontpage seems to be a thing of the past. There is no website program that it would transfer over to is there? only solution is starting from scratch? dave

#5 TCH-Bruce

TCH-Bruce

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 19,960 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 03:03 PM

You don't have to start from scratch but it probably would be for the best if you did as frontpage throws a lot of extra stuff into the html for a web page.

You could publish to your hard drive in a different folder and open any of the html files with any text editor.

Bruce Richards
Forum Moderator

I am a Forum Moderator. While I can assist in answering most of your hosting related questions, I am unable to answer questions about specifics relating to your account such as billing and server related issues. Should you need assistance in these areas, please contact our Help Desk or our many other options. Another good place to find answers is with our help pages, tutorials and movie tutorials.

#6 signatures

signatures

Family Friend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 03:10 PM

thanks for the update..... i'll have to consider it. can't remember the name but is it newview? a good recommendation? dave

#7 TCH-Bruce

TCH-Bruce

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 19,960 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 03:13 PM

The one I've mentioned to people is NVU. It is a WYSIWYG editor.

Bruce Richards
Forum Moderator

#8 signatures

signatures

Family Friend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 04:45 PM

yea, that was it. I'll have to check it out. guess it's free and easy to use for most people.
thanks, dave signatures.com

#9 TCH-Thomas

TCH-Thomas

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,907 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 03:32 AM

I am not sure if all image programs can save as ico, so for those who canīt, just save it as bmp, then in explorer rename it to ico and upload it to public_html. :(

Thomas Jikrantz
Forum Moderator

Any links or suggestions for third party software/sites should be used at your own risk. My opinions and recommendations are not necessary those of TCH and TCH is not responsible.

As a Forum Moderator I can assist in answering many of your hosting related questions. However, I am unable to answer questions about specifics relating to your account such as billing and server related issues. Should you need assistance in these areas, please contact our Help Desk or our many other options. Another good place to find answers is with our help pages, tutorials and movie tutorials.
Web Hosting by Total Choice Web Hosting - 24/7 Help Desk

#10 wampthing

wampthing

Crazy Uncle Dave

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 10:04 AM

I didnt know that would work.
Cool!
Dave Jensen (Wampthing)
~I'm not as confused as you think I am... on the other hand, maybe I'm not~

#11 TCH-Don

TCH-Don

Immediate Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,642 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 12:54 PM

IrfanView can also be used to save an ico image.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users