9 replies to this topic

#1 moogie

moogie

Family Friend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 07:46 AM

My blog is not loading. When I go to my site, it tells me that Apache has loaded successfully. ????? I cannot even get into my posting page (add/edit...etc) as it tells me the page no longer exists.

Here is the link. Can anyone give me any ideas? Moogie's World.

#2 TCH-Bruce

TCH-Bruce

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 19,960 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 07:55 AM

Please open a ticket with the help desk. They are the only ones that can help in this instance.

Bruce Richards
Forum Moderator
TotalChoice Hosting, Inc.
Webhosting by Total Choice Web Hosting - General Support Forum

I am a Forum Moderator. While I can assist in answering most of your hosting related questions, I am unable to answer questions about specifics relating to your account such as billing and server related issues. Should you need assistance in these areas, please contact our Help Desk or our many other options. Another good place to find answers is with our help pages, tutorials and movie tutorials.

#3 TCH-Andy

TCH-Andy

Immediate Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,699 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 07:57 AM

Hi moogie,

We have discovered an issue on a small number of our servers which is causing some accounts and PHP scripts to fail. Whilst this is affecting only a few scripts (mainly blogs) it is causing high loads on some servers and hence we needed to correct the problem. We have identified what the problem is, unfortunately, the only way to fully correct this is to recompile key parts of the operating system, and then restore accounts to the server. That is being done on the server you are on, and should be completed shortly.

If anyone else has similar issues, and it's not corrected shortly, please open a ticket at the help desk.
Andy Beckett
-----------------
Part of the TCH family since the beginnings of time.

#4 moogie

moogie

Family Friend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 08:03 AM

Hi moogie,

We have discovered an issue on a small number of our servers which is causing some accounts and PHP scripts to fail. Whilst this is affecting only a few scripts (mainly blogs) it is causing high loads on some servers and hence we needed to correct the problem. We have identified what the problem is, unfortunately, the only way to fully correct this is to recompile key parts of the operating system, and then restore accounts to the server. That is being done on the server you are on, and should be completed shortly.

If anyone else has similar issues, and it's not corrected shortly, please open a ticket at the help desk.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate how fast you responded. I'm on travel, and all of my account information is at home, and I don't have access to it, which is why I didn't open up a ticket right away.

I thought I would give the forums a shot and now I'm glad I did.

Thank you again.

#5 TCH-Andy

TCH-Andy

Immediate Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,699 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 08:15 AM

You're Welcome :)

We'll get it sorted as fast as we can for everyone :D
Andy Beckett
-----------------
Part of the TCH family since the beginnings of time.

#6 moogie

moogie

Family Friend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 04:26 PM

Well, my blog is up and running! Yay! But, it seems that it has only restored my posts up until 10/20. Is the fix finished? Have I lost the last week?

If so, is there any way to get them back?

Thanks!

#7 TCH-Thomas

TCH-Thomas

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,908 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 04:30 PM

Not sure. I would think they are restoring with the latest backup they have, but please open a ticket and ask.
If you have a newer backup you can of course ask them to restore with that.

Thomas Jikrantz
Forum Moderator
TotalChoice Hosting, Inc.

Any links or suggestions for third party software/sites should be used at your own risk. My opinions and recommendations are not necessary those of TCH and TCH is not responsible.

As a Forum Moderator I can assist in answering many of your hosting related questions. However, I am unable to answer questions about specifics relating to your account such as billing and server related issues. Should you need assistance in these areas, please contact our Help Desk or our many other options. Another good place to find answers is with our help pages, tutorials and movie tutorials.
Web Hosting by Total Choice Web Hosting - 24/7 Help Desk

#8 moogie

moogie

Family Friend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 07:56 AM

Backup? Heh. I though you guys did that. ;) Um, I think you were gently telling me I need to take responsibility for regular back ups on my own. I'll open up a ticket just in case but I think I'll start doing them on a regular basis now.

Thanks for all of your help.

#9 TCH-Don

TCH-Don

Immediate Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,642 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 09:36 AM

You can make backup in
cpanel > backup
download the home directory (compressed file)
and the databases
and later restore in the same place.

#10 Head Guru

Head Guru

Bill Kish Head Guru

• Admins
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,798 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 10:19 AM

We restored our backup on your site and your account is backup and working :):)

Please open a help desk ticket if you have any more questions.

Bill Kish

Head Cook and Bottle Washer

If you need help with your account or have any questions, please feel free to contact me using any of the contact methods below.  I can be reached 24 hours a day seven days per week.

Office :: 800-930-0485 x211
Mobile :: 248-632-3243

email: bill(at)totalchoicehosting.com

Instant Messenger -
AOL Instant Messenger: tchgurubill
Yahoo Messenger : tchgurubill
MSN Messenger : tchgurubill@hotmail.com

Thank you for your support and continued business

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users