3 replies to this topic

#1 ramone_kalsaw

ramone_kalsaw

Distant Family

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 09:25 PM

I'm in the market for a large harddrive -- 200 gb plus -- for digital video projects. I'm looking for something that is reliable, and silent. I was wondering if anyone can give a suggestion as to brand regarding these criteria. A couple I've been steered towards are:

-- Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9 200GB Hard Drive

-- SEAGATE Internal 300GB 7200RPM 8MB Cache Hard Drive

Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

Also, is it relatively simple to install an internal harddrive into a USB/Firewire enclosure to make it an external?

Thanks!

#2 Madmanmcp

Madmanmcp

Immediate Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 04:31 AM

Take a look at some of these.

h_tp://www.everythingusb.com/hardware/Storage/Hard_Drives.htm
BoB/ MadmanMCP

#3 Madmanmcp

Madmanmcp

Immediate Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 06:01 AM

Also, is it relatively simple to install an internal harddrive into a USB/Firewire enclosure to make it an external?

I personally have not done it, but have heard others who have and say its a simple process. This would be an option if you already had the internal and wanted to add it as an external on another system. I would not purchase an internal drive and the external enclosure with the intent to make it an external. There are plenty of pre-made external drives to choose from.
BoB/ MadmanMCP

#4 Tomô

Tomô

Family Friend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 03:52 PM

I personally have not done it, but have heard others who have and say its a simple process. This would be an option if you already had the internal and wanted to add it as an external on another system. I would not purchase an internal drive and the external enclosure with the intent to make it an external. There are plenty of pre-made external drives to choose from.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i use about 35 maxtor diamond max 10 300gb's not one failure.. i would reccomend those.. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users