14 replies to this topic

#1 nhlee

nhlee

Family Friend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 07:00 PM

I am trying to publish my website to the web using CuteSite Builder but it isn't working.
Can't I publish from this program, or do I have it set up wrong?
This is how I used to publish when I used ValueWeb as my host. I have tried setting CuteSite up the same way using my username and password for TCH but it doesn't publish.

This is how I have CuteSite Builder set up:
FTP Site Name: ourlilbear.com
Web Site Address: ourlilbear.com
FTP Host Address: ftp.ourlilbear.com
FTP Host Port: 21
FTP User Name: I put my TCH user name here
FTP Password: I put my TCH password here
Default Filename: default.htm
FTP Mode: passive

Does anyone out there use CuteSite Builder? If so, have you been able to publish to web this way?
Thank you for any help you can give me.
Lee

#2 TCH-Bruce

TCH-Bruce

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 19,960 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 07:02 PM

Hang tight, there are several users here that use CSB and will be along to offer you some help. :)

Moving for organization.

Bruce Richards
Forum Moderator
TotalChoice Hosting, Inc.
Webhosting by Total Choice Web Hosting - General Support Forum

I am a Forum Moderator. While I can assist in answering most of your hosting related questions, I am unable to answer questions about specifics relating to your account such as billing and server related issues. Should you need assistance in these areas, please contact our Help Desk or our many other options. Another good place to find answers is with our help pages, tutorials and movie tutorials.

#3 TCH-Thomas

TCH-Thomas

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,908 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 07:07 PM

Hi,
Those settings looks correct for CSB.
Have your site propagated yet? Otherwise you will need to use the ip-number mentioned in your welcome email instead of ftp.ourlilbear.com.

Thomas Jikrantz
Forum Moderator

Any links or suggestions for third party software/sites should be used at your own risk. My opinions and recommendations are not necessary those of TCH and TCH is not responsible.

As a Forum Moderator I can assist in answering many of your hosting related questions. However, I am unable to answer questions about specifics relating to your account such as billing and server related issues. Should you need assistance in these areas, please contact our Help Desk or our many other options. Another good place to find answers is with our help pages, tutorials and movie tutorials.
Web Hosting by Total Choice Web Hosting - 24/7 Help Desk

#4 LisaJill

LisaJill

Immediate Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 07:11 PM

It would also help to tell us exactly what "isn't working". Are you getting any error messages? If so, what are they?

#5 stevevan

stevevan

Immediate Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 07:13 PM

If the propagation hasn't happened yet, be patient. If it has and your still having problems, check out the links on this page. And like Lisa says, as much info as you can provide can help those with the knowledge solve the problem more quickly!
Steve, W4SJV

"When all else fails (and it will)...there's Amateur Radio!"
"It is better to let people THINK you're a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

#6 TCH-Thomas

TCH-Thomas

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,908 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 07:17 PM

I forgot to say...
Make sure the ftp directory is set to public_html.

Thomas Jikrantz
Forum Moderator

Any links or suggestions for third party software/sites should be used at your own risk. My opinions and recommendations are not necessary those of TCH and TCH is not responsible.

As a Forum Moderator I can assist in answering many of your hosting related questions. However, I am unable to answer questions about specifics relating to your account such as billing and server related issues. Should you need assistance in these areas, please contact our Help Desk or our many other options. Another good place to find answers is with our help pages, tutorials and movie tutorials.
Web Hosting by Total Choice Web Hosting - 24/7 Help Desk

#7 nhlee

nhlee

Family Friend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 08:47 PM

Ok, I corrected my FTP directory and still can't publish. The error I get is:
"Error connecting to FTP Server at ftp.ourlilbear.com"

How do I know when name is proprogated?

Thanks everyone.
Lee

#8 LisaJill

LisaJill

Immediate Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 08:52 PM

You can put in the "ourlilbear.com" here in the first box (WHOIS Lookup). If it says that the servers are totalchoicehosting as opposed to secureserver - then it has atleast begun propogating.

Just out of curiosity - you bought hosting here, did you actually go and re-delegate your domain?

#9 Deverill

Deverill

Immediate Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 08:54 PM

There's no way to tell for sure that it is completely done. The way it works, you may be able to get it and I can't or even from one try to the next it may work or not while it's "working".

Check your welcome email and look for the IP address you can use temporarily to access your site.

Welcome to the family! Just ask if you have any more questions - there are lots of your new brothers and sisters with great answers to all kinds or things.
"A winner is simply willing to do what a loser won't."

#10 LisaJill

LisaJill

Immediate Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 08:54 PM

I merged these topics since it's the same thing there is no need for a new topic. =)

#11 TCH-Don

TCH-Don

Immediate Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,642 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 10:02 PM

Lee, you need to change your nameservers to point at totalchoicehosting
see this post for the same problem.

Then as Thomas says
set your remote folder to public_html
and the default page to index.html
and you should be ok

But if you want to publish before your domain name propagates to all the ISP name servers,
you can set the Host ftp address to the ip address from your welcome email
just the ip number don't add the user name after it,
leave the user name where you have it.
And the click the ip address link to your site in your welcome e-mail and you will see your site.

#12 nhlee

nhlee

Family Friend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 11:06 PM

Thank you all for your help. I will try your suggestions tomorrow.
Lee

#13 Samrc

Samrc

Immediate Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 11:27 PM

Welcome to the family and so nice to see another CSB user!

-Samantha
Samantha
SamiSite.com CSB and WYSIWYG program tutorials
Feel free to right click the silly little forum images I use and save them to your own website space.
Then link to your own site. Please don't hotlink to my website to use the images. Thanks!

#14 nhlee

nhlee

Family Friend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 08:49 PM

:) You guys are great! I have my website published to the web now. I was a little over anxious to get it up and running but now I have to finish designing my site!

Actually I am putting this site up for my grandson and I wanted my son and daughter-in-law to be able to watch the website during the construction of it, thus the rush to get it published. I live in NH and they live in CT so the only way they can see how it is progressing is to go the website.

Thank you all so much for your help!!!!!
Lee

#15 TCH-Don

TCH-Don

Immediate Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,642 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 09:25 PM

:) Glad you are happy Lee :dance:

Don't forget if you need anything just ask your new family here :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users