406 Error As Well.. But Another Questions

StacyAnn

I read the other two threads with the same problem. I did go and uninstall my FP extensions, but I wanted to also go in to my Private folder and add the .htpaccess but I am not quite sure how to do that.

Would someone mind pointing me in that direction please, I would SOOO appreciate it.

Thanks!

Stacy

Hi Stacy, welcome to the forums :w00t:

Did you reinstall the FP extensions again? (assuming you are using FrontPage)

Where / when are you getting the 406 error ?

In terms of the .htaccess file ( I assume you mean .htaccess not .htpaccess) then it should already exist in the public_html directory. If you want it below that, you can create one in the file manager (or in a text editor and upload it).

Sorry should have given more information.

When I am publishing my site through Front Page, right before it updates the changes, it gives me the error. I have uninstalled the FP extensions and reienstalled them (last night) should I try it again?

I am not sure where to go to check my Private folder. I am scared to dig around to much in C-Panel that I might mess something up. So I don't know where to go to make sure that .access is in my private folder.

Thanks!

Stacy

I would try uninstalling, and re-installing the FP extensions again. If that doesn't work, open a ticket at the help desk (link at the top of this page) and we'll reinstall them for you.

In terms of the .htaccess - if you go in the file manager in cpanel, you should be able to see it. What do you want to do with it? Are you after checking it for a specific reason ? (I'm only asking so that we can either check for you, or suggest a way of doing what you want to finally achieve).

Okay I will go back and do the uninstall/install again.

I just saw on the previous posts that you should add the htacess file if it's not there (?)

Thank you for the suggestion.. I will go do that now and then open a ticket if it does not work.

Thanks!

Stacy