I Have Started A Sub-Domain For My Blog
Posted 08 January 2011 - 03:39 PM
Posted 08 January 2011 - 03:47 PM
TotalChoice Hosting, Inc.
Webhosting by Total Choice Web Hosting - General Support Forum
I am a Forum Moderator. While I can assist in answering most of your hosting related questions, I am unable to answer questions about specifics relating to your account such as billing and server related issues. Should you need assistance in these areas, please contact our Help Desk or our many other options. Another good place to find answers is with our help pages, tutorials and movie tutorials.
Posted 08 January 2011 - 03:49 PM
Posted 08 January 2011 - 05:14 PM
Admin e-mail (your email address)
if anyone can help me id appreciate it, my sub-domain is blog.preciousmoments4you.com this is where my blog will be located...
Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:09 AM
1: Install on domain: You can select the domain or subdomain where worpress is installed using the drop down menu . In your case it is blog.preciousmoments4you.com
2: Install in directory: Root directory for subdomain will be automatically set when you choose subdomain in above option.
Now will have set Admin access data
3: Administrator-username : Admin user name which you wants for wordpress admin.
4: Password : Password for wordpress admin login.
5: Admin nickname: Name used while you submits posts etc.
6: Admin e-mail: Authorized email account of admin that you wish to use to be notified of comments etc
7: Site name : Your domain name
8: Description : Your blog description.
Posted 16 February 2016 - 07:43 AM
While this is an old topic, I am facing a similar issue (if not the same). I have a WordPress site at monicaburns.com. I've opened up a side business (Maroli Designs) for other authors that I'd like to distance from my author side of the house. I'd like to use a subdomain to accomplish that. I had a subdomain 10 years ago on my host server, but my memory is faulty on the entire issue.So here are my questions.
- I know I can create a subdomain that is named differently. In this case, marolidesigns.monicaburns.com. Can I install WordPress with a different theme on the Maroli subdomain without causing conflicts with my main site, which is also WordPress. I can't afford to mess with my current site.
- If I can install a second instance of WordPress without any conflicts with my main site, what root directory do I use when I create the subdomain. Is there a help file that will walk me through the process of creating a new subdomain and then installing WordPress and a new theme solely for the Maroli site without any conflicts? I did a search of the forum, but keep getting flood control messages when I'm trying to search.
- I'm pretty sure I don't have to acquire a domain name for marolidesigns.monicaburns.com (I want to be transparent that I'm also an author when they visit the subdomain), but could someone confirm that or direct me to info that would verify/explain that topic.
- Finally, does Softaculous do the complete WordPress install for me? I know how to import WordPress themes and other backend stuff, but I've not done an actual WordPress install. If Softaculous doesn't do it for me, is there a help file somewhere that will guide me through the install process on my subdomain, or do I need to have an expert do the install.
Thanks for your help.
Posted 16 February 2016 - 08:25 AM
2) Not sure what you mean here, but, if you create the subdomain the regular way through cpanel, there should be no problems at all.
4) Yes it should. Just make sure you instruct Softaculos to install it in the correct subfolder/domain.
TotalChoice Hosting, Inc.
Any links or suggestions for third party software/sites should be used at your own risk. My opinions and recommendations are not necessary those of TCH and TCH is not responsible.
As a Forum Moderator I can assist in answering many of your hosting related questions. However, I am unable to answer questions about specifics relating to your account such as billing and server related issues. Should you need assistance in these areas, please contact our Help Desk or our many other options. Another good place to find answers is with our help pages, tutorials and movie tutorials.
Web Hosting by Total Choice Web Hosting - 24/7 Help Desk
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users