Form Mail

Xant

Unfortunately TCH no longer allow Formmail in CGI, and that is what I was used to. I understand the security issues and tried alternatives as posted in Forum: Ultimate Mail and Dodo's Mail.

After many hours strugling, I was not able to make any of those to work in the simple test case. I tried lots of paths with no luck: uploaded in Binary mode, changed permissions, etc.

I am now frustrated after many hours without success and I will indeed appreciate any help.

First of all, welcome to the forums. With Ultimate Form Mail, there is a forum available on their website which has many solutions to issues that others have had. The program's creator also hangs out in that forum. He has personally answered issues (major issues!) that I had and got my email forms up and running.

Dear TCH Family (staff, moderators, administrators, etc).

Thank you all for the welcome.

I am surprise that the TCH Family is spread in the world :)

Thanks to Don, my form script is now fixed and working (using Dodo's).

Only a funny issue (although not biggy). When receiving the email from the form page the time stamp is 12/31/1969 7:00pm (consistently).

Not sure if a server or my IP issue, since the same email goes with current timestamp in Yahoo mail.

It is good to be around. Thank you ALL :)

Xant

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all.

Im actually a friend of the guy who owns this domain, and he asked me to help him set some stuff up, and Im looking to use a form....ive tried both forms you suggest, the ultimate, and the dodos, and im unable to get anythign to work.

Is there a specific directory scripts need to be in? Do you have a formmail type script in a more elevated directory so I can just reference that?

Here is my page:

http://www.basementwaste.com/freerain/contact/index.shtml

Also tried here:

http://www.basementwaste.com/freerain/dodosmail/test.html

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

webmaster@ahipubs.com

-Rich

Welcome to the forums Rich :)

I don't use either but I am sure both work given that many customers here are using them.

I'm sure someone will be along to offer some guidance.

I looked at the source to the first form link you provided and this link will not work at all since Formmail.cgi has been blocked on the servers.

><form action="h*tp://www.basementwaste.com/cgi-sys/FormMail.cgi" method="POST">

Second the folder it used to be in is "cgi-bin".

Welcome to the forums Rich  :)

I don't use either but I am sure both work given that many customers here are using them.

I'm sure someone will be along to offer some guidance.

I looked at the source to the first form link you provided and this link will not work at all since Formmail.cgi has been blocked on the servers.

><form action="h*tp://www.basementwaste.com/cgi-sys/FormMail.cgi" method="POST">

Second the folder it used to be in is "cgi-bin".

Do all forms need to be in cgi-bin? Or can I CHMOD things outside that directory?

• 4 months later...

Well I'm glad everyone else got this to work. I've tried it how it is said to be setup and I only get an error after hitting submit:

"DodosMail Error - the owner the php server is experiencing techinical difficulties. Please email use to send your email."

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance...

• 2 years later...
Did you edit the 2nd line in the php file

as in remove the comment characters #

and put your email address there

and then upload both the dodsmail.php and the test.html files

to the same folder and run the test.html file to see if it works?

i tried that, but it still does the same thing.

><?
$your_email_address="myrealemailishere@domain.com";

thats what i changed but i actually have a real email there. and the test doesnt work. it comes up with:

>DodosMail Error - the owner's server is experiencing techinical difficulties. Please email use THIS IS MY EMAIL BUT I REMOVED IT to send your email.

any ideas on what im doing wrong?

Welcome to the forums mego :)

You do realize this thread is over two years old? Not sure if the information mentioned here is still valid.

Please provide more info and we will try to help.

oh sorry. ha ha ha i couldnt fnid how old it really was ha. SORRY!!!! well....I tried everything on here. and nothing works.

Welcome to the forum, mego. :)

While I haven´t found anything explicit about DodosMail, I have found out through a google search that others have had problems with other Dodo scripts not being php5 compatible. I know there are others here that have used or use DodosMail, so hold on and someone may know the answer to that.