Help Setting Up Dreamweaver

mattmey

Hi,

I've been using a combination of notepad, Dreamweaver, and GoLive to edit html files for many years. I've had my site set up with Dreamweaver before, so I'm familiar with the program, but I'd like to ask for help integrating it now, especially with WordPress.

My problem is that since WordPress uses PHP and CSS to define how the site looks, I've never been able to get Dreamweaver to read it properly for editing. So I've had to use notepad and a sort of edit/upload/test/re-edit process to change things around on my website.

Well to make a long story short, I'm sure that's not the only way to do this. I imagine there is a way to set up Dreamweaver so it will read my site properly so if I open up index.php in Dreamweaver, I will actually see what the site looks like, not just the phpinclude tags.

Am I right? Or is there no way to do this?

Could someone maybe give me a starting point so I can edit my site in Dreamweaver, without having to switch back and forth between different programs just to see what it is I'm changing?

Thanks

• 12 years later...

Not sure what version of Dreamweaver you are talking about. I still use MX from 2004 on simple static websites with little problem. It does have problems with some modern navigation systems and websites.