Hard Drive Not Recognised

greenfinch

Hi Guys,

My Dell laptop won't boot anymore, and when I start it from the XP CD I can't run chkdsk, fixboot or any of the other recovery tools, as it won't recognise the C: drive.

When I run the Dell utilities and do a full test of the HDD, it finds about 10 dodgy blocks, but otherwise it seems OK, so my question is:- How can I get the system to recognise the existence of the HDD, and therefore at least let me try some of the fix-it tools?

If you can get me out of this hole, my granddaughters will love you forever !

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

My Dell laptop won't boot anymore, and when I start it from the XP CD I can't run chkdsk, fixboot or any of the other recovery tools, as it won't recognise the C: drive.

When I run the Dell utilities and do a full test of the HDD, it finds about 10 dodgy blocks, but otherwise it seems OK, so my question is:- How can I get the system to recognise the existence of the HDD, and therefore at least let me try some of the fix-it tools?

If you can get me out of this hole, my granddaughters will love you forever !

what do you mean " it finds about 10 dodgy blocks, but otherwise it seems OK"

• 1 month later...

Hi, Is your Dell Laptop still enjoying its warranty period, its better to consult the customer support people of dell and rectify it, coz they have lot of tools for recovering data. Else spend some money on recovering data from a gud private agencies.

thanks and regards