Transfering Via Fp 2k3

Aknot

While transferring files to my server via copy paste or using the import feature in FP 2k3 I get the following error. When i press details I get the "details" of that error.

error1.jpg

error2.jpg

Now using Cpanels file transfer is to time consuming as they are small files but quite a few. Ive tried transfering in chunks varying in size. Sometimes it works sometimes i get those errors.

Thanks in advance for any help.

There are several things you can do here ...

1. You can reinstall the FrontPage extensions from cpanel, and then try and republish.

2. You could upload using FTP, or put them all in one compressed file, upload it via cpanel, then unzip it on the server (from within file manager, in cpanel)

3. Open a ticket at the help desk and ask us to reinstall your FP extensions.

As a note, if you upload files using cpanel or FTP then usually FrontPage doesn't like to republish parts of your web - it will only publish all of it.

Also note that Microsoft no longer support FrontPage, so it's probably time to change to a different package.

Can you tell us exactly what you you are trying to achieve please?

If it's just the FP extensions, for publishing, you can ask us to reinstall them for you (via a ticket)

"While transferring files to my server via copy paste or using the import feature in FP 2k3 I get the following error. "

I Copy a file from my Laptop and "paste" it into my website via frontpage. Again sometimes it works sometimes i get the above "pictured" errors in my original post.

Try this:

FrontPage 2003 - publishing at TCH

Error:

Not Acceptable An appropriate representation of the requested resource /_vti_bin/_vti_aut/author.exe could not be found on this server.

Fix:

Add the following line on .htaccess file inside public_html folder

<IfModule mod_security.c>

SecFilterEngine Off

SecFilterScanPOST Off

</IfModule>

• 3 weeks later...

I am getting this same error using the new upgrade to FrontPage called Expression Web. Everything use to work fine with FrontPage, but now I can't get file transfer and synchronization to work. Has anyone else tried to develop and maintain their web sites at TCH using Expression Web (with success)? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
While transferring files to my server via copy paste or using the import feature in FP 2k3 I get the following error. When i press details I get the "details" of that error.

error1.jpg

error2.jpg

Now using Cpanels file transfer is to time consuming as they are small files but quite a few. Ive tried transfering in chunks varying in size. Sometimes it works sometimes i get those errors.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi,

I am using FP2003 also, I had not updated my site in a couple of months, then tried and had this problem about 2 -3 weeks ago. I got lucky to chat with tech support online and "She" fixed it in a couple of seconds. I asked if it was something I did, she said no, she also asked me NOT to re-install the extensions.

I do know that if you have HOT LINK PROTECTION ENABLED then your will get this error. I was told hot link modifies .htaccess file which FP2003 DOES NOT LIKE. My guess is if .htaccess is modified by anyone other than FP2003 you will get this error.

Hope this helps, my problems with FP2003 have been minimal, just need to remember to disable HOT LINK, then publish, then re-enable.

Ron