Which Should Be Main Page?

qman

Right now my default page is the content at http:quillian.net.

But, my best content is at quillian.net/forecast.htm

quillian.net/forecast.htm is a weekly forecast column that has pretty decent readership.

Would I be better off having my forecast page as the default page and naming main page something else?

I have managed to get cagaloged on the major search engines.

For example "Stock Market Forecast" comes up # 10 on Yahoo.com.

I don't want to lose what I have.

Thanks

James

James,

I have always had sub-pages get better placement than my main page. At one time I think I had about 20 or so pages show better than my index. It really doesnt matter in my eyes. Any visit to my site no matter if it is my index or another page is fine by me. There is no penalty for having sub-pages having a better ranking than your index page.

Yeah, there is no reason to toss the baby out with the bathwater, or however that old saying goes. ;)

If you are getting good rankings on one page, you might look at what you did on that page to get that good. I wouldn't go moving things around though, because like you said.. you don't want to risk slipping out of the spot you have already got.