Installing Wordpress

Asher123

Hi,

I am at the very beginning of installing Wordpress on the server, and the first step needed is to create .wp-config.php

Details I gave are:

Database name - wordpress

User - my TCH login user

PSWD - my TCH login pswd

Host - localhost

Prefix - wp_

After all these, I am receiving a connection error response.

What am I doing wrong?

Tnx!
Asher

Hi,

If its "Error establishing a database connection" error then you might have wrong database connection configuration in wp-config.php or wordpress database user might not be granted correct access privileges via cPanel. Can you open an helpdesk ticket to further investigate or simply update this post with url to wordpress installation and we will help you. Note that what we recommend is an helpdesk ticket with cPanel login details of your hosting account.

User - my TCH login user

PSWD - my TCH login pswd

Did you create your database yet? Those two fields should be your database user and password that you set when creating the database.

If you are unsure, feel free to open a ticket to our desk at https://support.totalchoicehosting.com and one of our techs will assist. There is also the Softaculous Auto Installer in cPanel, which will do the install for you.

Did you create your database yet? Those two fields should be your database user and password that you set when creating the database.

If you are unsure, feel free to open a ticket to our desk at https://support.totalchoicehosting.com and one of our techs will assist. There is also the Softaculous Auto Installer in cPanel, which will do the install for you.

I didn't create the database yet. I just uploaded the Wordpress data folder via ftp and this is it.

Anyway, I just submitted a request at that link you mentioned. Thank you!