5 replies to this topic

#1 TheCanadian

TheCanadian

Family Friend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 07:23 PM

This is the problem I've encountered, and I'm wondering if anyone else here is seeing the same thing. I program PHP/MySQL sites, and since my TCH server was migrated to the new cPanel & PHP versions in February, I have been using the cPanel MultiPHP INI Editor (as I was told this was the new way of doing it after all my sites broke) to set my PHP version and configure specific PHP variables I needed for my site - like file_uploads, upload_max_filesize and a custom error_log so I can have one central file stored outside the public_html to collect any scripting errors. All was fine until last night around 9:20pm. Suddenly, in all sub-folders containing PHP scripts of all the sites I have on the server, I'm getting a generated "error_log" file with an error generated on every single script execution:

[03-Oct-2017 21:21:38 America/Detroit] PHP Warning:  Module 'imagick' already loaded in Unknown on line 0

I contacted support about this, and was able to resolve it on one site, but the solution isn't ideal as it means changing the setup of every site I have. They suggested to bypass the cPanel MultiPHP INI Editor of the site by modifying my .htaccess file to reference a custom php.ini file using suPHP_ConfigPath, then upload a full php.ini file with the modifications I need. Yes, this seems to solve the problem, but now I have to convert all my sites back to the method that was in place *before* the server upgrade in February. Yet everything was peachy until last night - so I'm thinking this is relating to a cPanel software update and not due to a coding change on my part since it is even occurring on sites I haven't edited in weeks.

Is this happening to anyone else? Does anyone know why, or how to stop the deluge of error_log files popping up in every sub-folder? I'm just trying to figure out what is the best approach to this before I spend the time converting all my sites back to custom php.ini files.

- Jeff

#2 TCH-Bala

TCH-Bala

Technical Support Manager

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 04:56 AM

There was an update on the recent cpanel version which messed up the compiled php configuration. I have now corrected this, can you please test it now and let me know if you are still seeing errors ?

Balakrishnan
Manager - Technical Support
TotalChoice Hosting, Inc.
http://www.totalchoicehosting.com

TCH Help Desk .. || .. TCH Blog

Posted Image

#3 TheCanadian

TheCanadian

Family Friend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:20 AM

Thanks for the reply. I just tried it on one of my sites and it is still happening:

[07-Oct-2017 12:16:18 America/Detroit] PHP Warning:  Module 'imagick' already loaded in Unknown on line 0

My server is OSTEGO

- Jeff

#4 TCH-Bala

TCH-Bala

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 06:13 AM

Can you please check it again ? I have confirmed that the fix is in place on server ostego. If the issue persists and you are able to generate errors still, please open a ticket to our support department with the domain name in question so that we can look into it.

Balakrishnan
http://www.totalchoicehosting.com

TCH Help Desk .. || .. TCH Blog

Posted Image

#5 TheCanadian

TheCanadian

Family Friend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 10:45 AM

You did it! The errors have stopped! Thanks a bunch Balakrishnan!!

- Jeff

#6 TCH-Bala

TCH-Bala

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 06:57 PM

You are welcome :)

Balakrishnan