3 replies to this topic

#1 flamey

flamey

Family Friend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 04:55 PM

Moved your domain's mail facilities to Google Apps, and want to take all your old correspondence from Outlook, Thunderbird, The Bat, Eudora, etc. to the new GMail hosted accounts? Not problems, here's how:

If you have all your email in Outlook 2002+, Outlook Express 6+ or Thunderbird 1.5 or later all you have to do is to use Google Email Uploader these are the supported clients.

If you have another client, you'll have to first move your mail to Outlook Express, then use the Uploader (for whatever reason Uploader refued to see mail converted from The Bat to Thunderbird)

1. Export your mail to EML files: in The Bat select all messaged of the mailbox, then Tools > Export Messages > Message files (.EML)
If doing multiple mailboxes, create temp folders for each mailbox on your hard drive you can delete then when its all done.

If using client other than The Bat, there most likely a way to export messages in .eml format, just look around the menus or read docs for that client. I've read that popular Eudora can do it.

2. Import: open Outlook Express, and drag-and-drop all .eml files into appropriate mailbox of the Outlook. Repeat for all exported mailboxes.

3. Use Google Email Uploader to upload mail from Outlook Express to your hosted GMail account.

Done! :-)

#2 TCH-Dick

TCH-Dick

General Manager

• Admins
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,889 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 06:06 PM

Excellent information, thanks for sharing :)

Dick DeVance
General Manager
TotalChoice Hosting, Inc
dick@totalchoicehosting.com

Posted Image

#3 TCH-Bruce

TCH-Bruce

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 20,146 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 07:30 PM

Thanks for the info! :)

Bruce Richards
Forum Moderator
TotalChoice Hosting, Inc.
Webhosting by Total Choice Web Hosting - General Support Forum

I am a Forum Moderator. While I can assist in answering most of your hosting related questions, I am unable to answer questions about specifics relating to your account such as billing and server related issues. Should you need assistance in these areas, please contact our Help Desk or our many other options. Another good place to find answers is with our help pages, tutorials and movie tutorials.

#4 rockyrock

rockyrock

New To The Neighborhood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:23 AM

Thanks for not forgetting about the other users and giving such useful information))

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users