Welcome To The Family Mac Users

TCH-Rob

Well, it happened. Mac users get their own trojan. Not that it really does anything but it's a start. Read more at Mac World.

In its current incarnation, the code doesn’t really do anything malicious, such as deleting files, changing permissions, or moving around applications. However, due to a bug in its code, Leap-A will prevent infected applications from running. The only solution to this problem is to install clean copies of the original applications. So your data isn’t at risk, at least as of now. Note that it will be relatively simple for variants of Leap-A to be released which could be much more malicious.

It's just a lesson to us to always do backups, be careful and always remember that there are bad people out there that want to hurt us for whatever reason. Other than that the Internet's a swell place :group:

I just found this on CNN and came back here to post...but you beat me to it :group:

h_tp://money.cnn.com/2006/02/17/technology/apple_virus.reut/index.htm

Its not the first, but it is the first for OS X, its also a low level risk. Hopefully it will not do much damage. I believe some Mac folks will get burned just because they are under the impression that just because they are on the Mac they are safe.