#1 The-Kevster

The-Kevster

New To The Neighborhood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 05:48 AM

Hi,
I've just installed a file attatchment mod to my phpbb2 website and i am unable to upload files over 2 meg, could anyone tell me if TCh have a PHP upload limit of 2 meg and i fi could get it raised to 10 meg?

thanks in advance
The Kevster

#2 TCH-Bruce

TCH-Bruce

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 20,149 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 08:19 AM

Moving for organization and better exposure.

Bruce Richards
Forum Moderator
TotalChoice Hosting, Inc.
Webhosting by Total Choice Web Hosting - General Support Forum

I am a Forum Moderator. While I can assist in answering most of your hosting related questions, I am unable to answer questions about specifics relating to your account such as billing and server related issues. Should you need assistance in these areas, please contact our Help Desk or our many other options. Another good place to find answers is with our help pages, tutorials and movie tutorials.

#3 The-Kevster

The-Kevster

New To The Neighborhood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 08:24 AM

Moving for organization and better exposure.

does that answer my question?

#4 TCH-Bruce

TCH-Bruce

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 20,149 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 08:27 AM

No, that doesn't answer your question. I don't know the answer and someone will be along to answer if they do. I just moved the post to a better forum for organization.

Bruce Richards
Forum Moderator

I am a Forum Moderator. While I can assist in answering most of your hosting related questions, I am unable to answer questions about specifics relating to your account such as billing and server related issues. Should you need assistance in these areas, please contact our Help Desk or our many other options. Another good place to find answers is with our help pages, tutorials and movie tutorials.

#5 MikeJ

MikeJ

Big Gorilla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 08:42 AM

Hi Kevster,

PHP itself has a 2 meg limit by default. You can change this default in your .htaccess file. Just put in your .htaccess file in your public_html directory (or the top directory of your forum software) the following line:
php_value upload_max_filesize 10M

That would change the max file size allowed to 10 megs. Change the 10M if you decide you want a different file size allowed.

Edited by TCH-MikeJ, 21 May 2004 - 08:52 AM.

<a href="http://twitter.com/skraggy" target="_blank">Twitter</a> | <a href="http://plurk.com/skraggy" target="_blank">Plurk</a>

#6 The-Kevster

The-Kevster

New To The Neighborhood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 09:19 AM

No, that doesn't answer your question. I don't know the answer and someone will be along to answer if they do. I just moved the post to a better forum for organization.

Sorry for posting in the wrong place, i couldn't see you'd moved it as i just followed a link in my email :)

#7 TCH-Bruce

TCH-Bruce

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 20,149 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 09:21 AM

Sorry for posting in the wrong place, i couldn't see you'd moved it as i just followed a link in my email :)

No problem. That's what we as Mods are supposed to do. ;)

Bruce Richards
Forum Moderator

#8 The-Kevster

The-Kevster

New To The Neighborhood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 09:22 AM

Hi Kevster,

PHP itself has a 2 meg limit by default. You can change this default in your .htaccess file. Just put in your .htaccess file in your public_html directory (or the top directory of your forum software) the following line:

php_value upload_max_filesize 10M

That would change the max file size allowed to 10 megs. Change the 10M if you decide you want a different file size allowed.

That work brillently, thank you, 10/10!

#9 borfast

borfast

Immediate Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 09:46 AM

Just in case you need to know more stuff about the PHP configuration in your server, you can create a PHP file with the following contents:
<?php phpinfo(); ?>

When you access that file, it will give you all the info about how PHP is configured <_<
Raul Santos
-=[ http://www.borfast.com ]=-
Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do!
Get Firefox!

#10 llama_thumper

llama_thumper

Distant Family

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 01:28 PM

I've installed wordpress and came across the same error. i put in an .htaccess file in my upload directory, saying php_value upload_max_filesize 60m.
When I try to upload though I still get a message saying that the upload is limited to 8mb. Any possible reason for that?

#11 TCH-Thomas

TCH-Thomas

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15,188 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 02:27 PM

I would submit a ticket with the help desk and ask them to look into it.
Thomas Jikrantz
Forum Moderator

Any links or suggestions for third party software/sites should be used at your own risk. My opinions and recommendations are not necessary those of TCH and TCH is not responsible.

As a Forum Moderator I can assist in answering many of your hosting related questions. However, I am unable to answer questions about specifics relating to your account such as billing and server related issues. Should you need assistance in these areas, please contact our Help Desk or our many other options. Another good place to find answers is with our help pages, tutorials and movie tutorials.
Web Hosting by Total Choice Web Hosting - 24/7 Help Desk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users