Well After Many Years With Tch

flashram

Thanks to TCH especially Bill Kish and Andy Beckett for all the assistance that both have given me over the past few years. Without their help far and above that given by other hosts I have dealt with, I wouldn't have been able to achieve this great leap.

Reason is that I have acquired by a bit of unforeseen circumstances a website and due to the nature of the site it needed to be on a dedicated server for it's potential growth.

I would like to expecially thank Andy Beckett and Dick who have helped to facilitate this dedicated server and the speed that they have been able to do that. Also thanks to Jesse for getting it going quickly after it went online.

Yes as always with things technical (and believe me seeing it on both sides of the fence) things don't always go as planned, but the Staff of TCH surely have a great handle on ways to fix any issues that I have come across and they know what I mean by that.

Tina, Carl, Tom, Viveck, Don, Thomas and all the test of the great team I wish you all the best and a great and continued association in the future.

As a result of this happening, I have been able to highly recommend, not that that was ever an issue with me, the TCH services to someone that asked my advice today regarding a dedicated managed server which will facilitat their business being in a stable environment as well.

All the best and will always have my support and friendship.

:) Big Time in my Book

From an Aussie Friend always Bill from Downunder.

Edited by flashram

Thanks everyone and I apologise missed a word in the heading should be "Well after many ......"

And I missed Terri not because I meant to but trying to remember everyone that works for TCH etc and the past week getting all this going has been a bit of a blur.

No worries Thomas when you can would be great, different time zones etc, and things keeping everyone busy as well, I totally understand.

• 2 weeks later...
Whoopee your own playground :thumbup:

I am happy for you my friend.

We are always here for our family.

I just joined the forum to learn but first of all to say how please I have been since signing on with you three years ago. I have a monitor on my uptime and it is almost always 100% each month and when it is not, it is very small. Two questions:

1) Do you have an internal alert when a site goes down or one that alerts me?

2) My only problems were last year when there were a series of hijacks and other instrusions when took me down for a while. Again, the only way I or my webmaster notices this is by checking the page, which is ok but do you all consider this outside of your job?

Welcome to the forums wickerby :thumbup:

1) Do you have an internal alert when a site goes down or one that alerts me?

As Bruce says, the managers and lead techs get a pager alert whenever there is a server alert ( it means we work very hard to make sure there are none - I for one don't like pager alerts in the middle of the night :) ). For a managed server, we can email alerts to you if you like. We generally don't for unmanaged servers, but if anyone wanted us to - please open a ticket and I'm sure we can come to an arrangement.

For shared accounts, we don't monitor individual accounts.

2) My only problems were last year when there were a series of hijacks and other instrusions when took me down for a while. Again, the only way I or my webmaster notices this is by checking the page, which is ok but do you all consider this outside of your job?

We don't routinely monitor all pages, but of course we do take action ( notify the owner and work with them to correct it ) if we do notice, or are informed, of a hacked account.

• 1 year later...

With TCH, I look forward to the day when I'll be moving to a dedicated server. Were I with a lesser host I would be dreading the process.

TCH Rocks! :)