Ryan Promoted, Jesse Gone!

Head Guru

Hello,

Effective last monday Ryan MacDonald is our new Data Center Operations Manager. Ryan brings many years of background to the table. As some of you know, Ryan MacDonald is the founder of R-FX Networks (www.r-fx.ca). R-FX is responsible for some of the most widely used Linux products on the GNU market today. Tools such as APF (advanced policy firewall) and BFD (brute force detection) all come from the team at R-FX. I had to do some serious talking to get Ryan on our team full time, but he has accepted the challenge and has taken on the full time job as of last monday, and things are already moving fast at our Troy, MI facility.

Changes have already started to take form at the Data Center. Ryan just completed a large scale automation utility for monitoring our power distribution and is working on a program to better assist with new server rollouts and hardware tracking. Some longer term projects he has outlined to me already included automated OS reloads, better tracking of core network devices and man is he spending my money. Today we took delivery of new Cisco Equipment. Ryan determined that some of our current switching devices could use upgrades and also our core routers could use some memory upgrades.

Long story short, things are moving very well under Ryan's direction.

Also, effective last monday Jesse Salens is no longer employed with TCH.

Happy Surfing!

Bill

Congratulations Ryan and all the best with this huge task you are taking on I am sure.

All the best to Jesse he helped me out where he could as well.