Website Newsletter (mass)

Guest Guest

I have a question in regards to searching for hosting plans.

I currently run websites in which we send out monthly newsletters to registered members of our sites. With previous hosting companies we have been told that we are exceeding our allowed limit (to explain things better, we run a SMF forum on the website, and we use the forum to send an e-mail to all the registered members of the forum).

What I am asking, is when searching for a host what do I look for to make sure that we would be allowed to send out our news letters no matter how many members. (Ie. E-mail Forwarding = unlimited, etc.. etc..) or does this count under bandwidth usage, I am at a total lost...

Another thing you will need to check is that your newsletters are within the sending limits of the server. We do not post this information publicly to prevent spammers from trying to circumvent protections. If you open a ticket with the help desk, we can answer this question.

Since you are using SMF to send your newsletter, you may want to look into a module or add-on which will throttle your e-mail sending. Many hosts now restrict the number of e-mails that can be sent in a specified time period. This is to keep server loads down and prevent spam.