Seeking Blogging Solution

ericwilmoth

Hi. I’m new to the TCH forums.

I’m completely ignorant about blogging—aside from some research I’ve been doing during the last day or so—and am looking for some advice about potentially integrating a blog into my existing site.

Some background info on my site:

I’m a novice comic book artist striving to publish professionally and I’m making an effort to completely revamp and streamline the way I communicate with my audience. In the past I’ve sent out regular emails to my audience as I had new artwork available on my site and would also post those notices as updates to the main page of my site; I also have links to a forum hosted elsewhere for people to comment on my work. Not long ago I joined Myspace (and a similar space specifically for comic artists) because of how many friends were tapping into that…but I feel that none of these have been very successful, and I am beginning to feel weighed down with keeping all of these things straight.

Now I’m looking into what keeping up a separate blog entails and am realizing that I’m overwhelmed with all the potential variables and uncertain how to proceed. I’m desperate to simplify my situation overall and come up with a long term solution i'll be satisfied with, but don’t know what would make the most sense and am looking for some guidance.

Since I already have a website, is there a way to incorporate a fully functional, dynamic blog into my site without needing to subscribe to a separate service, or are there benefits to having both, and if so, how do I get them to work together as seamlessly as possible to minimize efforts and not confuse my audience?

If anyone has any advice or can point me in the direction of someplace that can work with me and help me figure out what I really need—and what I don’t--I’d greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Eric Wilmoth

You can use Fantastico and do a one-click install of Wordpress on your site. You will either have to modify a theme that comes with Wordpress or search Google for about a million choices of themes out there.

I would just install one and play with it and see if you think it will integrate into your site.

Another option is to go with something like Joomla or Drupal which is a database driven software package to manage your entire site and has blogging capabilities built into it. Both are available for installation through Fantastico found in your cPanel.