Blog Software

cajunman4life

I feel you should install several and use the one you like best. Which one is better or worse is purely subjective to your tastes.

I've used Blogger (with FTP) then MT and now I use WP. I was using MT when everyone was having problems with spam comments. WP and Spam Karma have eliminated 99.999% of all spam for me.

I have not used MT, but I really like WP. I love how fast it is, and I like that it uses SQL/PHP, because as I'm trying to learn more about SQL and PHP, I can practice what I learn on my blog. It is fun.

I love how easy WP is to install, maintain, and use. I love the feature set in WP, and I have had good success working with people on the WP forums to overcome any problems I've encountered.

But I agree with others, install both and see which you like. If you go with WP, I'd recommend that you pick a different theme from the default theme. It isn't my favorite design. But that's just me... :(

Started with MT, ended up with WP. Think the "out of the box" setup and maintenance is easier and makes more sense. Content is dynamic using PHP and mySQL, which is nice. And it's all still 100% free. Think I jumped ship when MT started charging for certain licenses and knowledge base access. But like everybody else said, just try them out. If you don't like one, it's very easy to export your stuff to the other.

• 1 month later...

1) Check all blog site links to other blogs to see customisations and how it looks

2) look for admin demos and stuff

3) check their community forums or support pages even email em to see how they respond if they do

4) search for hacks/mods/themes etc for the blog and see if their are and easy to find

Ive used MT, and Wordpress and b2 and now im using Nuclues CMS, its really cool and everything you need is on the site

Ive used MT, and Wordpress and b2 and now im using Nuclues CMS, its really cool and everything you need is on the site

I'm also a fan of www.nucleuscms.org/ Just have it running on my localhost now, but it has a great community and a slew of pluggins' Not sure what the server load is on it?

Didn't care for the forum setup at WP Too hard to find anything.

Greg