Fantastico On All Accounts!

Head Guru

The big announcement as promised....

You have been asking for it for some time now. In a ongoing effort to provide our clients with the most value in todays hosting market, I am proud to announce that:

Effective 3/27/2006 all hosting accounts at TotalChoice will include Fantastico Deluxe.

Over the next two weeks we will be implementing Fantastico Deluxe across our server farm. We have set a completion date of 3/27/2006.

Here is a sample of the scripts provided by Fantastico:

http://www.netenberg.com/fantastico_scripts.php

This was a large investment for TCH, however we are sure that it will provide many users access to the scripts that they have so long been wanting.

Enjoy!

Hello Bill,

With certainty the wait was valid.

I went to acquire one another server in another company to use and only to test the fantastico .

Now...we go to grow more in TCH.. :naughty:

Edited by paulo

Wow this really threw me off. I was going in the wrong direction. I was expecting a change in the hosting package.

Don't get me wrong... Fantastico is a awesome product and thank you for adding it. I really wanted just one domain add-on to my account.

Thanks again Bill and the TCH staff! God Bless!

Edited by j2k4b

I took a look at the Fantastico and there is sure lots of scripts availablre. Anw WOW what a feast of scripts.

In particular I see PHPAuctions 2.1 . They (PHPAuctions) presently have version XL3.0 offered on their site. Will that version work on a shared server? Or are we limited to version 2.1?

Don

In particular I see PHPAuctions 2.1 . They (PHPAuctions) presently have version XL3.0 offered on their site. Will that version work on a shared server? Or are we limited to version 2.1?

Fantastico won't provide PHPAuction versions past 2.1 because the company who makes PHPAuction started charging for the software after that.

However, XL 3.0 will likely work in a shared hosting accounts based on the requirements, but I have not seen it installed to give a definitive answer.

HOLY COW!! :eek: WHAT A GREAT GIFT! :tchrocks: UNBELIEVEABLE!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!

How can this benefit be added to all accounts without greatly increasing pricing?

I was just at the beginning stage of loading Zen Cart on a TCH account.

Will wait now until I can do it automatically! (Can't seem to get the mysql database/username/password combo to work correctly so will be THRILLED to do it automatically!)

Just took a look at two of the accounts I work with and neither show Fantastico in cPanel.

On both accounts (one on server 26 and one on server 29) I have the bluelagoon theme. Does that make a difference? Where should I find this new feature listed?

Thanks...off to check the 3rd TCH account...

.....reread Bill's announcement..... "Over the next two weeks we will be implementing Fantastico Deluxe across our server farm. We have set a completion date of 3/27/2006." ...... ok.....so maybe my servers are not loaded yet..... :tchrocks:

Edited by Samrc

Effective 3/27/2006 all hosting accounts at TotalChoice will include Fantastico Deluxe.

Over the next two weeks we will be implementing Fantastico Deluxe across our server farm. We have set a completion date of 3/27/2006.

It will take some time for this to be done.

When your server is updated

Fantastico will be an icon by itself.

LOL.....I realized my goof and when I finished editing I saw your answer too! :tchrocks:

By the way, you mention that Fantastico has an icon of it's own. In my theme, I do not have icons! I have lists of links, divided in categories like: EMAIL, Site Management, CGI Scripts, etc... I like this format better than icons but am curious where the Fantastico link will appear...

OK.... :tchrocks: Thanks.....will be logging in A LOT to our account on server 29.

Will be holding my breath until it appears..... :eek: LOL

Once again I feel the need to sing praise for our farm. As a consumer, I am attracted to doing business with companies that exceed my expectations. Today’s special announcement is yet another example of TCH’s commitment to customer satisfaction.

Thank you to Mr. Kish and your entire staff for all you do for us.

Wishing you continued and well deserved success

Hi.

I don't really know anything about Fantastico. but I have been in the market for an ecommerce catalog/cart. I find Zen difficult to use and nearly hung myself with my ethernet cable trying to use OSCommerce.

Will the scripts in Fantastico help me create an ecommerce cart? Is cube Cart any better?

Sandra

weird, I installed and ran OSCommerce, awhile back, and thought it was easy, and I am not that tech smart, but then I went to SMF and found that was easier.

Good luck, I really want to try the ad script

ok here's a question (or two)

1. hotscripts (not sure at the moment is it .com) has a bunch of smaller scripts. is there a way to have some of these auto install like fantastico?

1.5 are the scritps at hotscripts usually pretty good in everybody experience? (safe, no bugs, works well, etc)

2. after reading the forums a bit - some people have said they don't like fantastico cause it's a big way for hackers to run their scripts through holes after installation etc. am I all green and purple here? I don't see any thing about 'make sure you update your scripts after installing' . . .. .

I am a newbie, thus probably a newbie question.

thnaks

-just get it done.

(if this should be posted in scripts please move it there)

Edited by getitdone

1. I don't think that would be possible as there are literally hundreds of scripts and it would be unrealistic to have the techs make sure all of them install and work properly. They can better spend their time making sure that TCH stays the most reliable web hosting company around.

1.5. I've used several and have found no problems. However, I also do a LOT of research before putting any onto my sites.

2. It's common sense (and up to the individual user) to make sure that you are running the latest and greatest patches.

And don't worry about the noob questions...that's how we ALL learn!

1. I don't think that would be possible as there are literally hundreds of scripts and it would be unrealistic to have the techs make sure all of them install and work properly. They can better spend their time making sure that TCH stays the most reliable web hosting company around.

Let's make a few things clear.

1. TCH did not put these scripts together. Fantastico is an addon to cPanel and the people that package Fantastico decide what to include. Now TCH can control which of these scripts you will be allowed to install.

2. It is always the customer's responsibility to be sure that the scripts (programs) they install into their web space are secure and current. There are several scripts included in Fantastico that have been upgraded by the people that have developed them. Eventually Fantastico will be updated with those versions. If however the said script becomes a pay for use script there will be no update in Fantastico.

What an awesome gift, Bill! Thanks!

I've never used Fantastico before but I know a lot of people here have asked for it over the years and the list of "practically one-click" installable scripts is quite impressive.

Just for fun I went looking at other hosts that offer Fantastico. I found one that is set up for churches and other ministries on a budget that offers Fantastico on all packages, but the cheapest "budget" package, similar to our $4/month one, was $12/month and they limit the number of email accounts, ftps, etc.

I've had 3 other hosts and they were all dismal... I'm glad I found TCH before I had to go through 30 others!

I'm looking forward to really messing up my accounts with all the new features you have opened up and then figuring it all out again! This is what a "computer guy" like me lives to do! Thanks Bill!

(Everyone remember, the tech guys can't support 3rd party scripts, even those provided by Fantastico. :clapping: )

What an awesome gift, Bill! Thanks!

I'm looking forward to really messing up my accounts with all the new features you have opened up and then figuring it all out again! This is what a "computer guy" like me lives to do! Thanks Bill!

(Everyone remember, the tech guys can't support 3rd party scripts, even those provided by Fantastico. :clapping: )

I agree with you re the tech guys and 3rd party stuff etc etc

Here is a silly question though.

With all this new stuff that we can add to our sites here's the question.

Wiil there be and can there be fourm sections set up for scriptly challanged dummies like me to get help on the various scripts being offered by fantistaco?

Mind you with me anything that goes wrong with hardware or softwate it's a TECHNICAL problem. So who do you go to "The Tech Busters" naturally.

Here's hoping

Don

Wiil there be and can there be fourm sections set up for scriptly challanged dummies like me to get help on the various scripts being offered by fantistaco?

Mind you with me anything that goes wrong with hardware or softwate it's a TECHNICAL problem. So who do you go to "The Tech Busters" naturally.

Here's hoping

Don

You would likely get a much broader response to 3rd party application questions at their individual forums/support sites. I much prefer going straight to the source unless I feel the question is hosting specific as in "is so and so mod/plugin/etc enabled on server XXX as I'm having problems getting the app to work".

I've been wanting to try some of those other gallery scripts out. But I've never been able to figure them out. Took me over six months to figure out Coppermine. And now TCH is making it easier for me to use something other than Coppermine.

I'm glad I picked this hosting company.

Welcome to the forums.

If you don't see it yet then it's probably not installed. I know they had a long week this week with miscellaneous other problems so the Fantastico may not be going as fast as planned. But they still have plenty of time before the self-imposed deadline of the 27th.

There are different themes for cPanel. If you want to change yours I imagine you could open a ticket.

WOW!

So, I was actually right... :P ...I guessed about a new shopping cart and blogging platforms...he..he..

I wish we had a bet for a thousand bananas..

Now, I have a question: since we'll be able to add galleries, does it mean that there will be an eBay linking option ?

Regardless - can we host here images for eBay ?

thanks

Patience all, as we put this fantastic product onto each server, it is tested to make sure that nothing goes wrong when our customers uses it. Don't worry, we are progressing this as fast as possible!

JimE

Don't fret, we're just having fun with you. :yes:

(Looking forward to trying out b2Evolution. BTW, did you folks know there's CMS software out there going for as much $30,000.00? :) )

Ok here we go.

Installs are started.

Servers listed below are done.

We will update this as we move along.

Just for fun we might even skip around and not follow the standard 1 thru 10 numerations.

:(

Ok here we go.

Installs are started.

Just for fun we might even skip around and not follow the standard 1 thru 10 numerations.

Hi Bill,

All my spoofing aside, I'm not about to give you folks a hard time if you miss your self imposed deadline. It's better to have a hosting service that communicates with its customers and hits a few speed bumps when improving service than one that doesn't care about the customers at all. Be the price of a properly installed Fantastico waiting until the 29th, then I'll get it the 29th.

BTW, for those of you who don't know which server you're on, log on to cPanel. Your server name will be displayed on the cpanel index page.

Ok here we go.

Installs are started.

I win I win! Thanks Bill.

Same thing with my accounts on server 35 and 336; they are listed in this thread as completed, but there is not a visible change in cPanel. Is it just a "wait and it will be there" or do you expect that it should be available to us already?

Ok here we go.

Installs are started.

:)

I'm on Server 5 and don't have it yet? Do you have to a late night reboot?

We are aware that fantastico is not showing up in the Bluelagoon Theme.

If your account is using Bluelagoon as a theme, we are aware of this and are now seeking a fix.

*TCH-Dick throws a rock at bluelagoon

We are going to continue on with the installs.

If the fantastico is not showing up in your cPanel it is because it is not compatable with your cPanel theme.

Simply open a ticket and ask that your account be moved from the BlueLagoon them to cPanel X theme.

This will take care of this issue until we can figure out why the theme is not working with Fantastico.

Paul unless you are a reseller

you will need to open a help desk ticket to change themes.

Man speaks true. Tried swapping out "x" for "Bluelagoon" and got a "404".

Upgrading computers is a lot like marriage, don't be surprised at all that will go wrong.