Server Upgrade Announcements

TCH-Dick

• 2 weeks later...

We have migrated all accounts from servers 86 and server 87 to the new servers.

Things appear to be running very nicely :yes:

I am scheduling the next wave of servers to be done:

Server85 and server 82 are next, We are going to start them on Friday at 12:00am EST

Please read the individual server pages for updates to these servers.

• 4 weeks later...

Two questions:

1. How do I know which server my site is hosted on?

2. How do I know the name server information needed to update my DNS pointers so my site is not unavailable after my server is migrated and before my DNS is updated?

Thanks,

imdiane

You can check which server you are on by looking at the top of cpanel when you login.

Hello, this is my first posting to the TCH forums.

For the life of me, I do not see a server name at the top of cPanel when I log in.

I see a bunch of dots, "Home" and "Logout", and the picture of the girl with glasses.

No server name.

Could you perhaps post a picture of the cPanel pointing to where the servername is?

This has been bugging me for a while.

You can also find which server you are on by doing a trace route.

Open a DOS prompt on your XP computer. Click Start, select Run and enter CMD in the box and click ok.

Enter tracert yourtchdomain.ext

You will see a list of all the points your computer navigates through to get to your web site. The last line that displays will be the server you are on.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys,

I seem to not be able to connect to my website - www.ar3s.com, server 108 i believe

I thought it may be a problem with the server, so this is the first thread i found - is it possible theres something happening with my server?

Thanks for any help :thumbup1:

Edited by Ares

• 2 weeks later...
We have migrated all accounts from servers 86 and server 87 to the new servers.

Things appear to be running very nicely :)

I am scheduling the next wave of servers to be done:

Server85 and server 82 are next, We are going to start them on Friday at 12:00am EST

Please read the individual server pages for updates to these servers.

I believe I am on server 82, and everthing has been just dandy until today...My website has disappeared, I cannot log on to cpanel, I cannot access my email, and I do not show up on the "list" when I plug in my address here: http://www.totalchoicehosting.com/locate/

I too have an account on S82, and when I did the same thing you did my domain was not found either. You may wish to open a ticket to the help desk (link at the top) and ask them about it. I can tell you that my account is working.

Thanks, yes, I have submitted a ticket.

You say your account is working though?

• 1 month later...

Not sure if this is related to the server move that happened..

Today morning I'm getting a strange error while trying to login into the CPANEL... "Unknown License File Version"...

I was able to login and manage the site without problems last nite.. Unable to do so now...

My site is hosted on Server 316....

MGandhi

Welcome to the forums MGandhi ;)

The best thing to do for such issues is to open a ticket at the help desk. We are aware of the issue on server 315 and 316, we are awaiting on cpanel for a fix. You should still have access your email, site and FTP without issue, if not, then please open a ticket at the help desk.