Movable Type 3.2

dancloud

Hello!

It's my first post here and this seems a quite active community, hope someone will answer soon :)

I am a newbie of movable type, even if I've been using it at work I would like to figure out how to properly install the 3.2 on my TCH domain. I followe the pinned post tutorial but there were some differences.

After downloading the tar.gz I couldn't extract the files using the filemanager from cpanel so I uploaded the entire folder on the site.

After modifying the mt.cfg according the TCH tutorial and having created a mySQL database i get a 500 error when i try to access to "mysite.com" /mt

should I start from scratch or modify what I have?

let me know!

dc

Sorry, guess I should have been more specific. You said you uploaded the directory. I assumes that was a folder from your PC to the server with MT already extracted.

Changing the permission on the tar file isn't going to help.

I would start over. Re-upload the tar.gz file in binary mode. If it won't extract open a ticket with the help desk and have one of the techs take a look.

Ok. I sent a ticket.

In the meanwhile I upload the whole folder in automatic method and was following the tutorial of TCH on installing movable type.

I found out that the old mt.cgi is mt-config.cgi, but i'm not sure about mt-db-pass.cgi and the others.

if i go to **** /mt/ it shows me the index page but then i get a 500...

Are you going to /mt/mt.cgi? You should go there and if you're still getting an error, change the permissions on the CGI files -- all of them -- to 755.

The changes from one config file to another are nothing to worry about unless you have a previous version of Movable Type installed.

Edited by marie b.

Are you going to /mt/mt.cgi? You should go there and if you're still getting an error, change the permissions on the CGI files -- all of them -- to 755.

Hi Marie thanks for the hint. Now i get an error on Bad ObjectDriver "config: Connection error: Access denied 'my user'@'localhost'".